Stop in for a drink.

-
Lol

Nah it was just crazy busy.
I stopped down to a friends house to sample a couple Irish whiskies. Shame on me for not taking pics of the bottles. Both were good stuff. I got a snoot full. LOL

:D Just a simple Club Soda and clear grain alcohol here :D
It's just a shame to mess up perfectly good Club Soda with flavors, Coke, Pepsi, Dew, whatever :lol:

The smoothest clear I have found is Tito's. They distill it through a column still with 6 plates. Like it has been distilled 6 times. Each time more pure. Apparently Tito's buys Ethanol from a commercial distillery and re-distills it in their facility. Smooth stuff though. Tito's and raspberry lemonade is a summer favorite.

Got some Pepper flavored Stoli, hard to beat in Bloody Marys. Hmmmm .. might have to try that stuff with soda and maybe a little dirty. I could be on to something here :lol:

Last nights samples. I liked the Quiet Man the best.

54361766_2264947753717552_5681790340135124992_n.jpg

54730843_2141072296203282_61043846192037888_n.jpg

Last edited:
How was the Quiet Man, is it a wheat taist ? memikie don't like wheat taist, you know, like the Canadian mist and Segrams flavor ?
The Quiet man was closer to traditional Irish whisky. It was very smooth but had a definite peated taste but it wasn't overbearing.Because it isn't corn based it isn't as sweet as American whiskies. Irish whisky is made largely of malted barley. Occasionally they will use a small amount of wheat or oats to mellow the flavor. The "peated" taste comes from the burning of peat moss to dry the barley after it is malted. The malting process is basically just sprouting the seeds to release the enzymes so the grain can produce the starch needed to produce alcohol.

Well you sure answered my question, I will have to keep an eye out, thank you brother

Watching Moonshiners on Discovery. I could have fun with those guys!

After noon all gonna go sample a bottle of Crown Royal That Sublime one Hid in my car as a gift when I was over at his house watching him work a few days ago. Great guy and would guess all you guys are the same. Cheers to good friends.

3 tasty Irish samples from last nights whiskey club. Jamesons was the smoothest of course.

20190321_200457.jpg

20190321_202855.jpg

20190321_205332.jpg

Dennis raffled this one off. $125 bottle. The winner paid $10 for a ticket. Lol
20190321_200542.jpg

I am bringing some quiet man to MITP this year. I got it as a tip for welding some aluminum. It is quite tasty. Appears to be a bit pricey. Likely why I had never tried it!
Your making me want to go. I'm going next year one way or the other.

I just won 7 more litre beer bottles. I have enough for about 10 gallons now. I better get busy! Lol

-
Back