Strandbeest

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
I would REALLY enjoy getting to see these in person and take a good hard look at how they work and what makes them "tick".

That would just about be the best beach day ever. Some cold beers, a surf rod and these things cruzing around...

Enjoy.

I didn't know what this was by the name. Can you imagine if all that thought and effort was put inot doing something useful?

I would REALLY enjoy getting to see these in person and take a good hard look at how they work and what makes them "tick".

That would just about be the best beach day ever. Some cold beers, a surf rod and these things cruzing around...

Enjoy.

they are awesome to see in real life
i caught an exposition on them in Chicago once, and ive see them on the beach at Zandvoort

Wow! I’d like to see the mechanics of one of those!
simply amazing, there is a crankshaft on the center which is powered by wind and simply uses rods to move
its simplicity is staggering once you delve into it

we've probably gone through half a dozen of these kits, and they are great for a rainy day with the kids or grandkids

Strandbeest Model Kit Toy | eBay

(and this seems like a great price)

I'm sure someone could harness that and make some kinda transportation.

Pull them out after a couple hits of acid! LOL... Now that would be a trip...

image.jpg
image.jpg

I bought a kit a few years ago, but haven’t assembled them yet. Very cool indeed! These are a mechanical engineer’s dream for sure!

-
Back