Strange axles

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
Got my axles today. Man they are nice. Those folks did a great gob at a great price.

After looking at the cost. It was cheaper to just have them made custom than buy cheep ones from summit. Total cost was about 70 bucks more to have them made but I got, bearings (installed), access hole, studs, seals, and retainer plates.

It's a great deal. I would recommend them to anyone looking for new axles.

35 spline, drag race, custon axles. Built to my numbers. Dam they are sexy!

Also packed very well, zero damage, not even a nick.

20181113_113551_zpsmvssc1rx.jpg

Nice. I got a axle package from them about 10 years ago. I think it was race axles with green bearings. 35 spline spool with bearings, 3 inch studs for like 500.00 - 50.00 because it was there 50th anniversary. I didn't ask the guy he just did it. Great parts and good company.

I'm right there with ya... My custom axles showed up a month or so ago, and I feel the same as you. Quality work, nice product, fair price. Mine were from Moser.

20180525_163221.jpg

Maybe Strange has changed. Mine (Strange axles) twisted a-plenty in short order. Dutchman replacements have stayed straight for years.

...anecdotal input being worth every penny paid...

If your axles are equal length and you start getting twist, you can swap sides and they will actually be stronger. Work hardening from the twist is one reason, but also the outer surface that was stretched during the initial twist will be placed in compression when reversed. We used to do this on scale race cars all the time.

Grant

-
Back