Street Machine Nats. DuQuoin Illinois

-

Riff Raff

Reaction score
Going to be my first time going. Traveling from upstate NY and staying at an Airbnb in Carbondale. Just curious from those familiar with the show and the area where the best places to park at the fairgrounds and events in and outside the venue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jeff

I have been many times since i only live like and hour away. Great show but not like it used 2 be. B forewarned the cops can b a holes

I'm old and don't drive like an ahole on the street anymore. Any good places to park inside the fairgrounds? The website says the show doesn't start till 11am Fri. Is that correct or do the gates open earlier?

I havent been in a few years. I highly suggest you get a hotel early cause they book quickly. As far as parking its usually not horrific but it is packed. I dont remember any parking in the grounds tbh unless ur showing

Last year entrants entered through the north gates to get registered. Kind of hard to find (in a residential area). After that I believe you could reenter through the front entry in route 51.

Wow, didn't know it was still going on ! Man do I have some stories of when we went in the late '70's-early '80's at Springfield(the best), East St.Louis, and DuQuoin !! Should maybe try to get the gang together for one more ride ! And yes, most cops were not too friendly, but I did get one to take a couple pics of me and my buddy with several topless young ladies !

-
Back