street n strip

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
Getting ready to replace the front coil overs on my 68 fastback with an aftermarket front end. It has gas charged on it now, would it actually need gas charged coil overs?
Wondering which would be better for a mostly street / drag type car---------All opinions welcome !

Just to be clear the torsion bar suspension has been removed from your vehicle and coil over installed? What brand of conversion was use? I have work with a couple of people on the Mopar forums with coil overs. I would recommend Vikings double adjustables. They offer an array of valving depending on how you want your vehicle to preform. They have the following valving: Cruise ( main for street use) Pro-touring, drag light (for less than 600hp) and drag heavy (vehicles putting out more than 600hp)

Please let me know what questions you may have.

Just to be clear the torsion bar suspension has been removed from your vehicle and coil over installed? What brand of conversion was use? I have work with a couple of people on the Mopar forums with coil overs. I would recommend Vikings double adjustables. They offer an array of valving depending on how you want your vehicle to preform. They have the following valving: Cruise ( main for street use) Pro-touring, drag light (for less than 600hp) and drag heavy (vehicles putting out more than 600hp)

Please let me know what questions you may have.

Over 700 h.p. , magnum force front end , engine not setting on it / motor plate . Made and installed strut rods to help/strengthen lower control arm bolts, which I think are too small. I think I`ve found a lot of the problem, my eccentric bolts and nuts have been tightened down to where the rubber bushings in the uppers are squashed too much , binding up the front end movement. My existing shocks do nothing when adjusting them , thinking about new ones w/ rebound adjustment, but need a lot of thread travel for the adjusting nuts. QA1 says I need 6.25" of spring length on a 10" spring, my existing shocks don't have that many threads . I have figured out a way to build a wider nut to accomplish that if need be -------???????
I have been told by quite a few sources , that I need 250# springs, I have a pair, to replace the 350# springs I had on it, but not sure I can get my ride height back to where I don't need a re alignment . more ???????

Last edited:
Famous Bob,

Can you pm your email? It would be best to get you in touch with one of the engineers from Viking directly to work through your various options.

Thanks
James From
PST

I run Viking DA's on both ends of my Dart (no coil over). good shocks for the money and great people to deal with.

-
Back