strip dominator ports overworked

-

rigger3006

Reaction score
so i matched up my fel pro 1213s today to strip dominator i purchased this winter, prev owner really hogged out top part of intake port, my gasket is about 1/8th inch into port opening.is there another gasket that has a longer port window than the felpro,or is there an epoxy i could put in there and blend to size?

just measured ports, 2.5 inches, felpro opening is 2.27 inches, time to search for a larger gasket

that will work for now, will be digging into the blue seal part of gasket, biggest gasket port i could find is edelbrock at 2.3, not much bigger than the 2.27 felpro.not too impressed, oh well **** happens.maybe im overthinking it, just dont like the overlap top and bottom

i did, at least the ones posted on summit and jegs. only reason im running this intake is i have a carter superquad being built for me, almost kicking my *** for selling my street dominator

i did, at least the ones posted on summit and jegs. only reason im running this intake is i have a carter superquad being built for me, almost kicking my *** for selling my street dominator

The big problem for me understanding this is, how do they compare to the ports in ur heads? if their bigger than the headports, u have a bigger problem than gaskets. I bought a r/b weiand team G just to play with, trying to equalize the port flow, for something to do this winter. I have greatly improved on it in more than one way. The previous owner said it was gasket matched , but was taller than my cnc`d alum. heads. I cleaned, punch staked the port roof, cleaned ,and cleaned again, and put moroso A-B epxy in them and refinished to gasket size. It`s what the stuff is made for, and works well if done right. I had a pair of alum. heads for an aprrox. 600 horse 406 sbc , that we put that epoxy in, and it worked very well. The intake will not get quite as hot as the heads will either. It`s all in preparation .

Yes the intake ports are larger the head ports.and im not yanking my heads to match them up.i guess i can use my ld340,or an adapter on the airgap

I am in the process of porting and portmatching a brand new W2 Victor. I am finding that the ports are out of alignment front to back. I used offset dowels in the block to move the heads for and aft. That has helped alot.
I used a bore scope to check the match from intake to head runner.s.

I am in the process of porting and portmatching a brand new W2 Victor. I am finding that the ports are out of alignment front to back. I used offset dowels in the block to move the heads for and aft. That has helped alot.
I used a bore scope to check the match from intake to head runner.s.
I always use a gasket that matches my heads, and then match the intake to it. U CAN USE THE BIGGEST BOLTS U CAN TO KEEP THE GASKETS CENTERD WHILE CHECKING OR MARKING THE INTAKE, U CAN EVEN ADD TAPE TO THE BOLTS SO THEY FIT TIGHT TO KEEP THE GASKET "RIGHT" ALL THE TIME UR MESSING W/ THEM/ IT . Disregard caps!

-
Back