Strut rod bushing on a 66 A body

-

GSXcite

Reaction score
I bought Moog K7040 bushing kit as listed for my barracuda from rock auto. The Kit contained 4 bushings, 4 large washers and two small pins. The washers are quite a bit larger than the ones on the car, and I don't think the rear one will fit. I also don't see anywhere the pins would apply. Anyone used the Moog on a 66? I have read every post on here regarding strut rod bushings, and I'm more confused than ever. Also, is it necessary to remove the lower control arm to change the bushings? Thanks

they go on front and on the back side of the K and the big washer goes on before the bolt and if I remember right also on the rod in the back. I think they also face cup out but again,it's been some years since the last front end job.Later ones have drilled holes for cotter pins these are way better than the oem plug in type I used them in both my 65 Barracudas,2 66 Valiants ,and my 65 Valiant wagon plus many other cars that we flipped over the years.If you look close you will see a raised portion around the hole.This goes towards the K

they go on front and on the back side of the K and the big washer goes on before the bolt and if I remember right also on the rod in the back. I think they also face cup out but again,it's been some years since the last front end job.Later ones have drilled holes for cotter pins these are way better than the oem plug in type I used them in both my 65 Barracudas,2 66 Valiants ,and my 65 Valiant wagon plus many other cars that we flipped over the years.If you look close you will see a raised portion around the hole.This goes towards the K
So you used the Moog K7040?

Yes, you need to pull the torsion bar and at least unbolt the lower control arm so it can go rearward enough the get the strut rod out. I'd also do the lower control arm bushing while I was at it unless it's still like new.

Yes, you need to pull the torsion bar and at least unbolt the lower control arm so it can go rearward enough the get the strut rod out. I'd also do the lower control arm bushing while I was at it unless it's still like new.
Thank you sir.

round side out (convex) around the bushings on a 66

round side out (convex) around the bushings on a 66
That depends on which bushings you're using. With the factory style bushings (one piece), they came with the concave side next to the bushing. The aftermarket bushings (two piece) should have the convex side against the bushings. Usually the aftermarket washers have "this side out" stamped into it.

-
Back