Strut Rod Bushings

-

dgc333

Reaction score
A couple of recent posts on front suspensions prompted me to go look at the new set of Moog Strut Rod bushings I have sitting on the shelf in the garage. What I saw has raised a couple of questions;

1. Both my 68 Barracuda and the 73 Dart parts car had two piece bushings when I tore them apart. A recent post showed a picture of a one piece bushing. The Moog replacement bushings and the polygraphite (that is currently in the barracuda) are two piece (and are biscuit shaped with a locator for the k member hole). What was stock from the factory?

2. Again both the Cuda and Dart had the cupped washers capturing the bushings mounted with the concave side toward the bushings. The Moog kit came with new washers and they have "This side to rubber" stamped on the convex side of the washer. What is correct? Seems like the Moog mounting direction would allow for smoother movement of the strut rod by rolling across the bushing verse it trying to slide.

I am definately not happy with the polygraphite bushings I currently have because of all the growning and creaking they make and will be swapping in the Moog replacement rubber bushings when I start the 360 swap this weekend (will be replacing the \6 k member with a spool mount sb k member.

Hummm , My polygraphite bushing don't squeak. Reguardless.

I just did a K-frame on my Magnum, it should be the same.
The factory sandwiched the rubber bushings on each side of the K and the concaved side went ontop of the bushings.

I think I am going to try the way Moog recomends and see how it works out.

-
Back