Stupid Window Seal Question

-

1969VADart

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me specifically what seal this is ("circled in the picture") that goes in this channel over the rear window and door window glass? I need to replace this particular seal because the one on my car is installed wrong so that the glass rolls up on the outside instead of seating in the rubber, and that has damaged the seal. I have looked at different vendors, but it is not clear what piece I am actually looking for. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_5817 (2)_LI.jpg

Unrelated to his particular question, but his photo shows the drip edge which I have a question. The drip edge trim...is it any different between vinyl top cars vs non-vinyl top cars? I was told yes, because the vinyl top is also enclosed, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks.

It may be your glass is adjusted wrong vs the gasket being wrong. Check to make sure before ruining another gasket.
I just installed these on the Swinger I am restoring and I am not sure you can install them backwards .

It may be your glass is adjusted wrong vs the gasket being wrong. Check to make sure before ruining another gasket.
I just installed these on the Swinger I am restoring and I am not sure you can install them backwards .

I don't think it is the glass, but I will double check. The rubber is not installed backwards so much as it is rolled too far around the channel so that the gap between the inner and outer part of the rubber does not center on the channel where the window rolls up (if that makes any sense). When the glass rolls up, all of the rubber seal is pushed to the inside of the channel.

Unrelated to his particular question, but his photo shows the drip edge which I have a question. The drip edge trim...is it any different between vinyl top cars vs non-vinyl top cars? I was told yes, because the vinyl top is also enclosed, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks.

This was a vinyl top car. Admittedly this is new stainless trim, not the original, but I don't recall the trim being described as different for a vinyl top versus a non-vinyl top car. You might check the various vendors and see how they list it.

-
Back