Sub frame connectors?

-

70net440

Reaction score
Anyone installed them on a 70 Dart? Are the aftermarket ones contoured to fit the floor, or do you have to cut the floor? What about the park brake cable?

I just put the MP bolt in ones on my car. Mine hit the floor board so they dont sit u as high as they should. Im gonn grind them out (I welded them in ) and cut the floors so they sit up higher. For the p-brake I just drilled a new hole and moved it over.

Here's a pic of a set of connectors I made myself. The connectors overlapped the rear frames and T'd into the torsion bar frame, I formed the rear portion of the connectors to match the floor so they did not protrude through. I relocated the emergency brake cable to just above the connector as shown in the pic. At the time the pic was taken the connectors were not weleded in, they were just in position. You can also see the nice doner floor I put in the car, I'm an expert at drilling spot welds now!

Misc_Mopar_047.jpg

Hey 340dster, what are those stands your car is on?

The rotisserie is a god send. I had my car media blasted and without being able to rotate it I do not know how I would have gotten all the plastic out of the thing. Working under it is a breeze, nothing like sitting down working on the underside of the car:

Misc_Mopar_008-1.JPG

Hey 340dstr,what's the white B-body in the background?
68/69 RoadRunner?GTX?

I checked into getting a rotisserie, but it would have cost over $500 in just shipping to get it here. My friend knows someone who bought one to restore a chebby and said he would sell it to me when he's done.

340dstr said:
Evil, its a 69RR Alpine White, black buckets, 4 spd, 383 air car.

Cool! Me and my brother are restoring an F6green 69RR 383 4-speed,white interior and vinyl top.

I'll trade you your toys for my toys. My roto consists of a belly to back roll, if I suck it in really hard. LOL

Thanks for the replies guys. I didn't think it would be too hard. Once we get the new motor running and dialed in we need to start on the rear suspension.

-
Back