Summit alternator bracket

-
I bought one about 3 month ago. Fit perfectly no problems at all. Not real pretty though.

For the price it was well worth it.

FYI I bought the March power steering pump kit at the same time and it was a piece of Crap. Didn't fit right, missing spacers and the instructions were writen by a 3 year old. I could not use it. It was pretty though.

I like it. I may have to get myself one! Looks like you just adjust the heim joints to adjust the belt tension.

Looks cool!

Corrrect, very simple to install and even easier to adjust. Once the locking nut are tight it does not move at all.

I have one. Good quality, easy installation and easy adjustment. I saw one on one of the other So Cal guys cars, too. IMO, it's just as good as the March one, but less expensive.

Nothing a good power coating can't handle. ;)

Bought one a couple of months ago. Nice piece and fairly cheap to boot. However, I tried mounting mine up and found the bolt hole is very shallow on the passenger side head. Looks like a bolt broke off in there at one time. Yay, something else to fix! :banghead:

haha. you guys are great!! I ordered it shortly before I even posted this thread..lol Will be here tomorrow! I was thinkin of painting it black, or powder coating it! or just polish it myself!!

Got it in the mail today! I am very happy with it!!!

1oxf9d.jpg

10hsqoz.jpg

I think I'll paint the alternator pulley black so it matches the others...lol

10qkygh.jpg

Yep I can't wait for Santa to deliver mine, lol!

Looks great!

Hum, Would those brackets be reverseable? As in the abilty to mount the Alt. on the otherside but flipping the brackets around?

Hum, Would those brackets be reverseable? As in the abilty to mount the Alt. on the otherside but flipping the brackets around?

I don't think so. The bolt holes on the bracket are recessed, and I don't think the two bolts on the other side of the water pump are spaced the same.

I just measured, and it would fit on the driver side. If you have power steering, the bracket mounts to one of the spots you would need for the alternator mount, but it wouldn't be too difficult to remedy that with some creative use of spacers. Also, if you look at the pics of the bracket, you'll notice that the heads of the fasteners are countersunk and sit flush. If you put it on the driver side, you would not have the heads countersunk, and would need to use washers big enough to give it support so the bolt heads don't pull through, or more creative use of spaces that could go in the countersunk area.

I just got one of these and the belt is slightly out of line, (more than my comfort level) can I just use a small spacer behind each bolt to bring it out a bit or is the pulley on the alt shaft able to come out an 1/8" or so?

I just got one of these and the belt is slightly out of line, (more than my comfort level) can I just use a small spacer behind each bolt to bring it out a bit or is the pulley on the alt shaft able to come out an 1/8" or so?

That's weird...Mine bolted right up perfectly...No alignment problems...You could try a spacer behind each bolt I suppose. Or maybe even move the pulley out like you say...Post some pics if ya can...

That's weird...Mine bolted right up perfectly...No alignment problems...You could try a spacer behind each bolt I suppose. Or maybe even move the pulley out like you say...Post some pics if ya can...
I'll post some later today. Does your top bolt through the alt get snug when you tighten it all the way? Mine has some play in it. That's also why I thought a small spacer might help.

Not sure where Brad got mine when he was doing my engine, but it
looks the same except he got mine polished.

engine018_Medium_.jpg

engine017_Medium_.jpg

Very easy to adjust as was said before

-
Back