Summit has trick flow heads

-
yes siree ! the heads are on page 301 , they can be had for 2 grand.

If they are actually available, should help the wedge racers choices on heads.

Not on the web site yet that I can find. This is pretty cool though. Nice to have another choice.

I think my charge card is coming out.....

the summit web can't find the # listed in the catalog.

the summit web can't find the # listed in the catalog.

Yeah I tried that too....

Other interesting note is that it says Trickflow heads recommend roller rockers be used regardless even if you are using a flat tappet..I find that interesting.

It helps sell parts.......

The head is OEM rocker capable?

The spring pressures with the "std" springs are close to "too much" for a stamped steel rocker. If you were using a modest cam they'd probably be ok - but with a cam of any real size and they would fail. If you say "springs good to .650 lift" someone's going to try it...lol

The spring pressures with the "std" springs are close to "too much" for a stamped steel rocker. If you were using a modest cam they'd probably be ok - but with a cam of any real size and they would fail. If you say "springs good to .650 lift" someone's going to try it...lol

Now that makes sense. Never thought about it like that.

Why would any idiot run stock rockers with aluminum heads?

Why would any idiot run stock rockers with aluminum heads?

I wouldn't have ran stock rockers, but I wouldn't have for sure run roller rockers on them without knowing that.

Woohoo! I was going to go with the CNC ported Stealth's for my BB build but not now!

Woohoo! I was going to go with the CNC ported Stealth's for my BB build but not now!

440 Source CNC Stealth Airflow Results
Lift / Intake / Exhaust

.100" -.. 75.0 / 72.9
.200" - 156.7 / 124.8
.300" - 219.8 / 166.4
.400" - 266.2 / 198.1
.500" - 298.8 / 219.3
.600" - 314.9 / 233.3
.700" - 320.7 / 243.8

TRICK FLOW PowerPort 240 Airflow Results
Lift / Intake / Exhaust

.100" -.. 78 / 58
.200" - 154 / 130
.300" - 230 / 186
.400" - 282 / 222
.500" - 310 / 243
.600" - 326 / 253
.700" - 334 / 262

Remember...if you buy a assemble head...I have read on this forum you need to take it to another machine shop and have it checked out....

Remember...if you buy a assemble head...I have read on this forum you need to take it to another machine shop and have it checked out....

According to the guys I know that work with trick flow heads, that shouldn't be an issue with these. The valve job is very good and they are set up correct. At least the Ford and Chevy stuff has been from a historical basis.

We have stealth cnc heads and eveything was great with them.... Except a weak valve spring that broke, new set of springs locks and retainers and a valve job and they are holding up great, wish i had the money though, id try out the trick flows on my 383 build

I have a source that looked at a wholesale jobber price and the part numbers wernt good maybe in a day or two it will be on there

-
Back