Summit has trick flow heads

-
Why the change?

are you referring to the head swap or the rocker arm swap?

I am planning on changing heads because my current eddy heads are 84cc and i have a stock bottom end 383 with the pistons way down in the hole. i am at about 8.5:1 compression. the trick flows have 78cc chambers and i will pick up about .75 points of compression. this will hopefully make my combo run a little better. they also flow allot better (as advertised) then my box stock eddy heads. they are also pre machined to accept 3/8 pushrods.

as for the rockers:

I currently have the comp cams pro magnum rockers with the stainless bodies. they are not the new ones with the bronze bushings. they will gall when i step up to stiffer spring rates and a solid roller cam.

Id rather get a spring that will do the deed without kissing the rocker bodies. It would break my heart to have to grind on a new set of $1000 rockers. grinding them also kills the resale value a bit too.

Lol, me too, I have a much less expensive set of Crane Gold rollers, and I will get springs that work with them. I don't think I could sit still and grind on them.

Have you considered Beehives?

Lol, me too, I have a much less expensive set of Crane Gold rollers, and I will get springs that work with them. I don't think I could sit still and grind on them.

Have you considered Beehives?

the trick flows are available with 3 different size valve springs. they can be ordered to suite pretty much any valve train.

I was just asking about the pro's and cons of either size.

The intake/exhaust ratio on these heads is pretty outstanding. Peak intake flow isn't as high as (Indy's numbers) on my 440 CNC EZ heads, but exhaust is crazy higher.

Probably be worth spec'ing a custom cam for these heads if you are going with them.

These are with a standard port (not Max Wedge)? Sheesh.

Can't wait to see what they'll do ported...

The intake/exhaust ratio on these heads is pretty outstanding. Peak intake flow isn't as high as (Indy's numbers) on my 440 CNC EZ heads, but exhaust is crazy higher.

Probably be worth spec'ing a custom cam for these heads if you are going with them.

These are with a standard port (not Max Wedge)? Sheesh.

Can't wait to see what they'll do ported...

yes standard port width so they should help build torque while keeping the torque/hp curve down low and not run outta breath on the top end. I am very eager to do an ET comparison with my box stock eddy heads.

yes standard port width so they should help build torque while keeping the torque/hp curve down low and not run outta breath on the top end. I am very eager to do an ET comparison with my box stock eddy heads.

Let me know if you wanna sell them old eddy heads haha

MINE WILL BE HERE THIS THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just ordered them from Summit. In stock at the Ohio warehouse.

MINE WILL BE HERE THIS THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just ordered them from Summit. In stock at the Ohio warehouse.

YAY!!!! cant wait to see the pictures!!!! :blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob:

got my conformation! super stoked,

just got off the phone with Jim Laroy. Going to be sending him these heads to have them inspected, flowed and cc the chambers. we will see if these are the real deal.

Attachments

• trick flow.pdf
    268.4 KB · Views: 189
Very cool. I too would be interested if you were selling your eddys

hey, thanks for putting so much effort in testing these heads and give the information to us all!

Michael

im just as curious as the next guy..... I am really going this route because the smaller combustion chambers will bring my compression up on my little 383 and provide a great quench situation on the new engine i am building. that and they are advertised to flow incredibly well. We will see! I can't wait to get these into Jim's hands and get some real world #'s. I am also very interested to see what Jim has to say about the valve guides, valve job and the over all assembly quality.

30 seconds after they arrive tomorrow, I offer my congratulations and a minor green face of envy wishing I could be saying the same thing. ;)

got my conformation! super stoked,

just got off the phone with Jim Laroy. Going to be sending him these heads to have them inspected, flowed and cc the chambers. we will see if these are the real deal.

congrats, I hope you or Jim will chime in with the results in the coming months.
I think these heads are going to be a game changer.

the trick flows are available with 3 different size valve springs. they can be ordered to suite pretty much any valve train.

Trick Flow Powerport 240 Valve springs:

Standard
1.460" O.D. dual spring with damper (TFS-16534)
120 lbs. @ 1.900" installed height
394 lbs. @ 1.175" open
390 lbs. per inch rate
.650" maximum lift

Option 1
1.550" O.D. dual spring with damper (TFS-16094)
138 lbs. @ 1.950" installed height
430 lbs. @ 1.250" open
420 lbs. per inch rate
.680" maximum lift

Option 2
1.560" O.D. dual spring with damper (TFS-16318)
240 lbs. @ 2.000" installed height
600 lbs. @ 1.280" open
500 lbs. per inch rate
.700" maximum lift

Trick Flow Powerport 240 Valve springs:

Standard
1.460" O.D. dual spring with damper (TFS-16534)
120 lbs. @ 1.900" installed height
394 lbs. @ 1.175" open
390 lbs. per inch rate
.650" maximum lift

Option 1
1.550" O.D. dual spring with damper (TFS-16094)
138 lbs. @ 1.950" installed height
430 lbs. @ 1.250" open
420 lbs. per inch rate
.680" maximum lift

Option 2
1.560" O.D. dual spring with damper (TFS-16318)
240 lbs. @ 2.000" installed height
600 lbs. @ 1.280" open
500 lbs. per inch rate
.700" maximum lift

I went with option # 1 as i am running a solid mech. cam. the spring diameter is the same as the eddy heads. the eddy heads springs are installed at 1.880 and have 134lbs. at the seat. I am guessing i may be changing pushrods with the taller installed height of the trick flows. we will see.

Spring option #1 can be had with 10 degree steel or titanium retainers. Which did you get?

-
Back