Summit Price Match

-

'64 Cuda

Reaction score
I just wanted to pass along this experience. I've been shopping around for the best price on some parts I need to order. I need 3 Mopar Performance items, & from Summit they add up to almost $823. I found the same items from another vendor for $129.25 less, but I would have to pay the shipping charges. I contacted Summit, told them where I found the better price & asked if they'd match it. They offered to beat the prices on the 3 items by 20 cents each. 60 cents doesn't sound like much but Summit gives free shipping with only a $10.95 handling charge & one of these items is heavy enough it would probably have cost at least that much to ship. In the end, I'll be saving almost $120, basically by doing a little research & sending an email. Just goes to show that it never hurts to ask.

Hey Rumble. Sorry I haven't gotten around to thanking you for those articles on head porting, etc. Thanks Loads! One of these days I'll try to remember to send you a check to cover the postage & a little extra.

Hey Rumble. Sorry I haven't gotten around to thanking you for those articles on head porting, etc. Thanks Loads! One of these days I'll try to remember to send you a check to cover the postage & a little extra.

Rumbles probably thinking that today is as good as any other day. ;-)

BTW: '64 Cuda. Thanks for the heads up on this. I recently bought some Eddy heads from a local speedshop that was offering a price matching day at their store. I ended up not even paying the Summit/Jegs handling fee. This only happens a few times a year but it's nice to know that they (or at least Summit) will price match throughout the year. Granted, I would love to give all my money to the local speed shop but you do what you have to do.

BTW: '64 Cuda. Thanks for the heads up on this. I recently bought some Eddy heads from a local speedshop that was offering a price matching day at their store. I ended up not even paying the Summit/Jegs handling fee. This only happens a few times a year but it's nice to know that they (or at least Summit) will price match throughout the year. Granted, I would love to give all my money to the local speed shop but you do what you have to do.

I agree with you about giving the local speed shop the business. I wish we had a speed shop here, if just to shoot the breeze with like-minded people. I live in the sticks. We have a NAPA (At least the manager is a woman who's a fellow Mopar nut) & a Pronto here. It's over 50 miles to the closest Mopar dealer. Same for the nearest Advance or Autozone & I don't even know if they could get the parts. I couldn't even drive there & back for $10.95. Not to mention the sales tax (but we won't mention that part, right?).

Good to know about the price matching deal they got. I think you just saved me some money in the near future.

Summit has always been good to me and never second guessed a return I made. I just wait until I need a bunch of stuff and make a big order, that way I don't feel like I'm geeting reamed on the "handling" charge.

One more reason to buy from them.It seems like the days of the local speed shop are gone around here,just a bunch of generic parts stores where most of the employees dont know anything about older cars.Its because of that I use summit for most everything and they have always been great.The only thing I buy at the local stores is the basics like paint,plugs ect.,kinda sad really but at least I have the machine shop to hang out at.

Jeg's also has price matching. I normally order from Summit but I needed something they won't have in stock until the end of the month and I didn't want to wait so I called Jeg's. The summit prices were a few bucks better than Jeg's on allmost everything so I told them I could get it from Summit for less (just didn't mention the part Summit was out of stock on) and they matched all the prices.

I too have priced matched Mopar items from summit along with other items. It pays, no pun intended, to shop around.:thumbup:

A friend of mine wanted to buy an M-P 390hp 360 crate motor, and was having trouble finding one; seems as how they were on back-order, most places. I called WestOaks for him and got a price, but they were on back-order there, too. In desperation, and not really believing I'd be successful, I called Summit. They had several in stock, but were a couple of hundred dollars higher than WestOaks. The WestOaks ad in the latest Mopar Muscle had their lower price in the ad, so I told the guy at Summit the issue date (latest) and the page number. He came back in just a couple of minutes and said he'd match that price.

I called my friend, and he ordered the engine at the WestOaks price, from Summit, and it's in his '69 Dart, now.

Summit is for real on the price deal...

Bill

i guess that i would use manchni and summit for what ever i needed and use the one that had what i needed at the time

Why? Just curious.

i don't know about don, but summit to me is just a huge corporate parts store. i would rather give my money to the local speed shop or to an independent online shop like mancini's. the one thing is good though, if no one else has it, summit does. i will buy from them only as a last resort.

EDIT: Sounded too much like a knock so editing.

Summit is good and I've found Jegs to be good as well. Used both when building my old Savoy years ago.

Having a heck of a time getting Summit to send me a new catalogue now though. Did the online thing twice and nothing. I know they have an online catalogue, but nice to have something that I can take in and plan/dream with while in the royal throne reading room.

Maybe Summit has heard the fact I've got no money, lol.

Cheers

Yeah summit price matches for me all the time. I just give the website I'm looking at while I'm on the phone with them. Works every time.

Please! NO! Do no such thing. Absoultely, do nothing. Send NO MONEY. Dont even think about it. I spend more on coffee, bagel and smokes in the morning here nevermind what I pay for lunch in the Big Apple.

Cig's in the City of New York are at a min. of $6.50. (Marlboro) Trust me, that's cheap for the city.
Any decent lunch is about 7 - 8 dollors. Minus the Chineese joints.

Rumbles probably thinking that today is as good as any other day.
LOL, Thats about right. Anyday I wake up breathing is a good day for me.

-
Back