Summit Racing Stores Now Require Masks

-
CDC just announced 175,000 deaths by August 15th. People aren’t going to be happy till we are housebound again.

ok, this chick is on to something

face-mask-memes-you-can-laugh-at-under-your-face-mask-29-memes.jpg

CDC just announced 175,000 deaths by August 15th. People aren’t going to be happy till we are housebound again.

And what's your point? You think that a mask is more effective than social distancing? Give me a break.

So what you are really saying is wear a mask so they don't lock you in your house whether it makes a difference or not..... If you want to be so worried about everyone do both and all will be right by the world. While you are at it can you stop by my city and stop the next round of rioting and looting? Plenty of them aren't wearing mask so go get some of this down in the ol' rabbit hole.... Thanks in advance....

JW

here, this picture explains it perfectly

img_5882.jpg

clearly, if you are smart enough not to pee yourself, no mask is required
(this is a joke of course, but then, so is this whole mask thing)

Yup, we are all going to die. Some sooner than others.

With that attitude, how about we eliminate security screening at airports? Those super long lineups, double checking ID and expensive X-ray machines really are not needed. Airfare would be even cheaper too! Bonus! Think of how much time we could have back if we just tossed our suitcases on a wagon beside the plane and we just walked on. Let’s become chain smokers and drive to catch that flight without wearing a seatbelt while we’re at it too. Oh, and that yellow painted line on the road line that separates us from oncoming traffic and those speed limit signs are over rated too. Lousy Government trying to impose too many things on us. What about my rights????

Last edited:
Sorry gents, this will be the last time I say anything about masks, lol.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Smokers should wear masks to prevent their nasty butt and exhaled smoke from killing 41,000 others a year...I'm down with that !
If all lives matter, why isn't this banned?

"...Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day"

Its like not wearing a mask, your exhaled smoke/spittle is (possibly) killing others.

Fauci lied---people died.
Top U.S. infectious disease official talks about coronavirus and flu

Soooo off topic. Ill move on.

Mike Rowe, Dirty Jobs guy, responded to a woman complaining that he was still filming during a pandemic. Here's his response. I just watched the entire 1.5 hours of the interview he refers to. It's very informative. They talk about things beside Covid, but most is about Covid. Worth watching if you have time. The Dr. said back in the beginning of COVID, the U.S. will see 100 million cases and 480,000 deaths. Lose weight, quit smoking, and stay healthy. That's how you survive getting it, cause there's a 1 in 3 chance you will.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike. In a recent post, you said you’ve been to Tennessee and Georgia, giving speeches and filming for your new show. Before that, you were on the road shooting for Dirty Jobs. Is it really so important to film a television show in the midst of pandemic? Is it responsible of you to encourage this kind of behavior when infection rates are spiking? Don’t you watch the news? More and more cases every day – aren’t you concerned?
Darlene Gabon

Hi Darlene
Of course, I’m concerned. I’m just not petrified.

On March 15th, the day after my part of the country was locked down, I posted a link to an interview with Dr. Michael Osterholm. I’m posting it again, because I believe you and everyone else in the country would benefit from listening carefully to what he has to say. https://bit.ly/2WLOM6o

Dr. Osterholm is the Director of Infectious Disease Research and Policy. This is the same epidemiologist who ten years ago, predicted a coronavirus would come from China and turn our country upside down. In his book “Deadliest Enemies,” he anticipated the utterly irresponsible way in which the media would report on the situation, the completely opportunistic and shamelessly political way our leaders would likely react, and the unprecedented chaos and confusion that would arise from all the mixed messages from the medical community.

His resume is unexampled, Michael T. Osterholm, PhD, MPH, and his analysis of the situation is the most logical and persuasive of any I’d heard so far. He’s also the only expert I know of who hasn’t walked back his numbers, reconsidered his position, or moved the goalposts with regard to what we must do, what we can do, and what he expects to happen next. I say all of this because Dr. Osterholm publicly predicted - in early MArch - that we could conservatively see over 100 million COVID cases in this country, with a very strong possibility of 480,000 fatalities – even if we successfully “flattened the curve.”

It took me a few weeks to accept this scenario, because 480,000 fatalities is a frightening number, and lot of other experts were saying lots of conflicting things. But eventually, I came to the conclusion that Dr. Osterholm was probably correct, and quickly navigated the four stages of grief that usually precede acceptance – denial, anger, bargaining, and depression. By late April, I had come to accept Dr. Osterholm’s predictions as a matter of fact. Since then, I’ve had three full months to come to terms with the fact that, a) I am probably going to get COVID-19 at some point, b), I am almost certainly going to survive it, and c), I might very well give it to someone else.

I hope that doesn’t sound blasé, or glib, or fatalistic, or selfish. Four-hundred eighty thousand deaths is an obvious tragedy, and I’m deeply sympathetic to all who have been impacted thus far. I’m also very concerned for my parents, and everyone else in a high risk category. But when Dr. Osterholm says that COVID can be slowed but not stopped, I believe him. When he says a vaccine will not necessarily hasten herd immunity, I believe him. And when he says that people have confused “flattening the curve” with "eliminating the virus," I believe him.

Thus, for the last three months, I’ve been operating from the assumption that this is a year-round virus that’s eventually going to infect 100 million people and kill roughly 1/2 of one percent of those infected, conservatively. I’ve accepted those numbers. Unfortunately, millions of others have not. Many people have no sense of where this is headed, and I understand why. They've been betrayed by a hysterical media that insists on covering each new reported case as if it were the first case. Every headline today drips with dread, as the next doomed hotspot approaches the next "grim milestone." And so, for a lot of people, everyday is Groundhogs Day. They're paralyzed by the rising numbers because the numbers have no context. They don't know where it will end. But Dr. Osterholm says he does, and I'm persuaded that he's correct. He might be wrong, and frankly, I hope he is, but either way, he's presented us with a set of projections based on a logical analysis, and accepting those projections has allowed me to move past denial, anger, bargaining, and depression, and get on with my life with a better understanding of what the risks really are.

Fact is, we the people can accept almost anything if we’re given the facts, and enough time to get evaluate the risk and make our own decisions. Last year in this country, there were six million traffic accidents and 36,000 fatalities. Tragic, for sure. But imagine for a moment if no one had ever died from a car accident. Imagine if this year, America endured six million traffic accidents and 36,000 fatalities...for the first time ever. Now, imagine if these accidents and fatalities - over 16,000 and 90 per day respectively - imagine if they were reported upon like every new incidence of COVID. What would that do to our willingness to drive? For a while, I suspect it would keep us all off the roads, right? I mean, six million accidents out of the blue is a lot to process, and 36,000 deaths is scary – especially if you don’t know how high that number could get. It would take us a while to access the risk, before we blindly hopped into our cars again. Eventually though - after getting some context and perspective - we'd be able to evaluate the relative danger of operating a motor vehicle. Then, we could decide for ourselves when to drive, where to drive, and how much to drive. And so we do.

Again, don’t misunderstand. I’m not ignoring COVID, or downplaying COVID, or pretending the risks at hand aren’t real. Nor am I comparing COVID cases to car accidents - I'm simply comparing the fear of each to the other, and the fear that always accompanies uncertainty. I don’t want to get this disease or give it to someone else, any more than I want to be in a car car wreck that injures someone else. But I've accepted certain things about the pandemic, and now, I've gotten used to the risk as I understand it. I take precautions. I get tested as often as I can, and if I can't physically distance, I wear a mask – especially around higher risk people. Likewise, I wear a seatbelt, obey the speed limits, and check my mirrors before changing lanes. Yes - I’m aware that we’d all be a lot safer if we kept our cars in the garage. I’m also aware we’d be a lot safer if we all kept ourselves in the house. But that’s not why cars, or people, exist.

Anyway Darlene, that’s a long way of saying that I have accepted Dr. Osterholm’s numbers, and now, after three months of acceptance, I’ve made a decision on how I wish to live my life. Sooner or later, you will too. We all will.
Mike

PS. My foundation is selling masks to raise money for our next work-ethic scholarship program. They're going fast...
mikeroweWORKS Face Mask

Last edited:

Hypocrite. That's exactly the portrait of you bud..... You are all ate up with the Mask and yet you go to some theme park filled with who knows what dragging your problems to another state.... If you are are gonna save the world just be sure it's done on an even level.....

It's whatever fits your agenda. Social distancing is secondary to you or else you wouldn't be traveling....

Hypocrite. That's exactly the portrait of you bud..... You are all ate up with the Mask and yet you go to some theme park filled with who knows what dragging your problems to another state.... If you are are gonna save the world just be sure it's done on an even level.....

It's whatever fits your agenda. Social distancing is secondary to you or else you wouldn't be traveling....

?? what the hell are you talking about??

?? what the hell are you talking about??

we just got back from a red river gorge kentucky and pigeon foge/gatlinburg vacation. tomorrow is two weeks from geting home so i guess we are clear. man in pigeon forge and gatlinburg you would never know there is a virus floating around.. hardly anyone had masks and no one observed social distance. dollywood did a nice job with how they opened up though..

1) we have a traver trailer and social distance is quite easy at a campground.
2) unlike many we wore our masks
3) dollywood only let so many people in, required masks which we wore, had decals all over the ground for social distance so that was easy and required you to use sanitizer on every ride.
4) when stopping for gas we used our own bathroom in the trailer. social distance was quite easy there too..

any other stupid *** replies of yours that i can blow holes in??

funny many get a kick out that that picture.. others get triggered.. we can all see which you did..

Eh, all this is doing is scheduling “when” the people who are going to die from this, die.

Barring a vaccine, this isn’t going away and at some time everyone is going to come in contact with it.

Just seen Chuck from street outlaws is in the hospital for bronchitis, pneumonia and Covid.

Oh snap, did this really happen......

View attachment 1715566719

So, wait a minute.

The "expert" who tells us we have to "social distance" and wear a mask if we can't...

Is at a baseball game doing NEITHER !!!!

I looked it up cause I thought it was photoshopped. IT'S TRUE! He justifies it by saying he was drinking. Several different pictures I saw he didn't have a water bottle anywhere near his mouth.

How is his behavior acceptable? He's telling an entire nation to do something that he doesn't feel he needs to do.

Pathetic.

I guess the woman beside him is drinking also... while holding her mask in her hand leaning against her head.

Pathetic.

The Hypocrisy is always glaring as seen by old Doc Fauci at the ball stadium. First of all if you believe in the effectiveness of the mask wearing then you should hate the good Doctor who told us we didn't need them and gambled on us getting Covid when he initially lied because he was afraid of a mask shortage for healthcare workers. Secondly his statistics and predictions have been wrong more than right, and he is not allowing medications that cost pennies on the dollar being used between 96-98% effectiveness in other countries in favor of a medication that costs about $4000.00 per dose and I am not referring to Hydrochloroquine. The fact that he is throwing the first pitch as if he is some kind of celebrity in a game where players are kneeling for out National Anthem makes me sick.

-
Back