Sunnen TR-6700 tappet grinder?

Shop, Garage and Tools

1. pishta

pishta I know I'm right....

Local Time:
    10:00 AM
    Anyone ever seen one? I saw it on youtube resurfacing Diesel lifters, for 10 bucks a pop (how about $2?) ! Are auto lifters hardened or can this be done? Seems like a lifter that can be resurfaced would be good to go, especially unique ones like Y-block mushroom solids and big buck Comp High Energy that sell for 15 bucks a piece...[ame="http://youtu.be/hN3Skq6HedY"]TR-6700[/ame]

Another post says:
    "If you know anyone with an old Souix Valve grinder that has the deal on the RH side that pivots. That is for refacing valve stems and lifters. No swirl marks that way. Use plety of oil and REAL easy passes. They come out as new."...

2. sr71mopar

sr71mopar currently moparless

Local Time:
    Nobody knows how to do that stuff anymore.

3. oldkimmer

oldkimmer FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    12:00 PM
    .............I have never seen or heard of this.....thats my lesson 4 the day.....but i fail to see how u get a crown back on the lifter...kim...........

4. pishta

Local Time:
    funny you should ask, there was an article (on the H.A.M.B. maybe) that told of a guy that chucked them in a drill press and mashed them down on some 120 grit crocus tight across a couple towels. Said it put a crown back on them! Back in the day i'm sure....That or dress a very shallow groove in a wheel, chuck the lifter in a drill and grind them. Still kinda hokey (The H in HAMB)

5. pishta

Local Time:
    Maybe that wheel is not flat. but has a cup to it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.