Sunroof headliner pic for Convertriple 73

-

MY340

Reaction score
Here's what my setup looks like that I custom made as my headliner was long gone and 6 years ago there was reproduction ones available. All headliners were white except for all black interior cars and those would be black according to several different owners. GG told me all headliners were white but I feel he was mistaken on the all black interior cars.

duster sunroof int. panel.jpg

I'm working on a 73 sunroof car but the headliner is all gone- The interior is B5 medium blue but your saying that the headliner should be white? That just sounds funny?

My 73 Duster is all black interior and has a white (actually kinda tan or off-white) headliner. Sunroof car - original headliner.

Thanks for the picture Brian. Oddly enough, my 73 340 Dart Sport "convertriple" originally had parchment interior, (off white), black headliner. I changed everything else to black. Still has the original headliner in it and in excellent shape. No evidense of it ever being any other color either. Maybe my car had the wrong color of headliner installed from the factory? I dunno, but you can never say never with our mopars.

I don't have a pic of the headliner, but here's an interior shot.

car 011.jpg

Another guy I know that has a sunroof Dart Sport 340 car said his was an original black headliner with his black interior. I really doubt anyone would have removed them from the cars and dyed them as it's not so easy to remove and install one.

danmc77, So I guess it's still debateable but black interior with white/parchment headliner does seems weird???

I still think that there would have been two available colors but who knows?

mrspeeddemon, If you need a headliner Dante on Moparts sells them for sunroof cars and he might have B5 available besides white. I think he has them in several color choices. My interior originally was all B5 but someone previously covered the seats in white then I redid the panels white to match. If the car was all original I would have gone back to blue but it's not stock anymore. It does like nice with the B3/white stripe exterior though, Here's a couple pics.

Duster interior pics.jpg

Here's a pic of a 73 Scamp with sunroof option from the 1973 Chrysler-Plymouth sales brochure. Can anyone verify what the inside sliding panel material is made of as I thought it was some sort of cloth? From pics I've seen of torn ones hanging down it looked like a stiff cloth.

Duster scamp sunroof.jpg

-
Back