Sunroof panel removal thread

-

MY340

Reaction score
There was a post a few days ago about how to remove the sunroof panel in an A-body. I finally remembered how I worked on mine when I owned it.

Close the sunroof about all the way but leave room to get your fingers in it. Remove the barbed trim buttons that secure the inner cover panel to the sunroof panel. Then crank the sunroof open and the inner panel should stay in place or you can hold it to help. With the sunroof open pop the inner panel out of the tracks with some moderate upward force. It's thin metal and will bow and pop out of the track.

Then crank the sunroof closed and removed the bolts in front guide hardware on each side and the rear cable bracket bolts on each side. There are adjustment screws on each side of the rear brackets for the ramp close height but leave them alone if you're not making an adjustment if I recall correctly.

The sunroof panel will now come out by just lifting it out and you can do any work on it that you want to perform. The crank gear is under the headliner and the trim in the opening needs removed to pull the headliner down to remove the two mounting bolts. The cables themselves and cable guide where the gear rides are accessed by removing the cable covers.

Hope this info helped you sunroof owners that had never had your apart yet. If I left anything out it's because I'm getting old and it's been about 8 yrs since I last worked on it.:toothy7:

-
Back