Super six carb source

-

nigel smith

Reaction score
Got a complete super six setup from the local u pull it yesterday. $26.00 for all of it, but the carb is scrap metal. Anyone tried the AutoZone reman? Or have a source for a good carb?

I ordered a 2 bbl Carter from feebay last year, a cheap Chineese-ium knockoff I guess still runs great, I can not believe it!! It was pretty cheap but I forget the exact $.

Yeah the Chineese are copying a lot of carbs. They are doing weedeater, chainsaw, motorcycle....everything. I have used a couple and no complaints.

The rebuilt Holley 1920 1bbl that came with my Dart was terrible. I'd plan on going through a rebuild and verifying float level, etc. Havent installed it yet, but I bought rebuilt old stock carb for my super six setup on Ebay. Thought that maybe it being old stock the throttle shafts and all might be in better shape than one that's been rebuilt too many times. Think I paid about $75 for it and no core charge.

I just bought and installed a Holley carb 0-7448. I dropped it on and boom instantly better at everything than the 8 months of tuning of the stock 2bbl. I got the stock super six running great but that holley 350 just works better. The mileage test is yet to come.

I chinnese are really good at copying stuff. They do have the ability and technology to do it right. The problem is they usually make things as cheap as possible.

What's wrong with using a Weber? Better then those beat up old BBD's!

The weber has a slightly different bolt pattern than a BBD. So an adapter is need. At that point the Holley 350 is a cheaper option.

The weber has a slightly different bolt pattern than a BBD. So an adapter is need. At that point the Holley 350 is a cheaper option.
Well, I'd rather pay a little more and get something that I know will perform compared to crap that you get what you pay for! Cheaper doesn't always mean better!

You should be able to find one on a Super Six.

The rebuilt Holley 1920 1bbl that came with my Dart was terrible. I'd plan on going through a rebuild and verifying float level, etc. Havent installed it yet, but I bought rebuilt old stock carb for my super six setup on Ebay. Thought that maybe it being old stock the throttle shafts and all might be in better shape than one that's been rebuilt too many times. Think I paid about $75 for it and no core charge.

If you go to the thread I have been doing, use the link below and go down about half way down on page 8, I did a step by step on how I bushed the 1920 Holley shaft.

1969 Daily Driver

-
Back