Super Six fuel mileage

-

MoparDaddy

Damn Right I Carry!
Reaction score
I wanna here what kind of fuel mileage your getting out of your BONE STOCK Dart or valiant 225 2 barrel. (63-66 preferable), but let's here what you got.

13-14 depending how well the motor is if it's worn could be less. It might need a rebuild how many miles is on it?

i got 14 in town and 16 highway 71 225 mopar supersix setup dual exhaust split under driver 2" pipe
sold Dart now with 302 2bbl Torino wagon i get 14 in town have not been on trip yet

I wanna here what kind of fuel mileage your getting out of your BONE STOCK Dart or valiant 225 2 barrel. (63-66 preferable), but let's here what you got.

64 Lucy do you have a 1 BBL now or a 2 BBl Super Six? If you have over 200,000 miles you might look at a rebuild.

i know when i swaped in the super six setup, i saw no change in fuel mileage. i would say what your getting now is what your going to see with the super setup, plus better performance:thumrigh:

I have a bone stock '79 Super Six engine in my '64 convertible, and since the rebuild, I've only had one opportunity to check it, so the numbers don't mean much. The engine isn't broken in yet, and in this 100 degree weather, a carb full of ethanol fuel will evaporate in two days.

Most of my driving is in town or rural two-lane, and the first tankful was about 18mpg. The improvement is 2mpg over the tired '64 engine with the same Super Six setup.

64 Lucy do you have a 1 BBL now or a 2 BBl Super Six? If you have over 200,000 miles you might look at a rebuild.
his motor has bout that on it when well pulled it out of the ar it was in the motor had 150,000 some on it that was 12 years ago its been drove as a dd the whole time for 12 years they drove for 6 of them years a least 40 miles a day then they sold it and the guy drive it 60 miles or so a day for 2 years then i got it puting bout 50 miles on it a day so ya his motor is good and used but it still runs good lol

'76, in North America. '67 outside North America.
dan,
did that come out in 76 as a 77 model year, or did it come out on 76 cars? every book i have shows 77 as the first year for the super six option. and in my years of searching the wrecking yards i have never seen one on a 76 car.

Like dartdoctor said. Its got 200,00+ on it now. But around tax time, I should have a different motor in it. I'm just curious as to what all everyone gets with theirs. I know what the tired motor is gonna get. The single barrel is getting around 30 with good plugs in it.

Like dartdoctor said. Its got 200,00+ on it now. But around tax time, I should have a different motor in it. I'm just curious as to what all everyone gets with theirs. I know what the tired motor is gonna get. The single barrel is getting around 30 with good plugs in it.

There is no way your /6 is getting 30mpg. They never have and never will.
18-20 mpg is the most that has been posted here.

for the 12th time son that car get 17 to 18 with good plugs it did when i had it same with brook my dad , suzi , rich, and so on lmao thes guys are going to rip u a new one lol :spam2:

I had an a 78 aspen with super 6, recurved dist, and 2 1/4 exhaust. Had 2.76 gears and a lock up torque converter and 18 MPG in everyday driving and 20-21 on hwy only.

yup but he put a better trans in the thing A-833 OD transmission from a 1976 Dodge Aspen that helps alot u also got to see he dont tell how many miles aer on the motor and so on

The OP requested mpg values for a bone stock slant. Did that mean bone stock everything? If so, then you would be hard pressed to find one from the 1960s when Chrysler was touting 30 mpg from the economy Darts in contrast to the performance Darts.

The poster on the slantsix site did a few inexpensive modifications that anyone can do and achieve mpg comparable to modern cars. That was his point.

30 mpg out of a slant six is very good. My 1995 3 Liter v-6 Toyota Camry gets 30 mpg on the highway. It has an overdrive automatic tranny, 15 inch tires, and a economy setting for the fuel injection in order to get it. The advantage that this engine has over the slant is that I can turn off the overdrive and hit the "power" button and get really good power out of it.

Oh yeah, the car has 176K miles and still gets 30 mpg.

I said my slant gets AROUND 30mpg. if your gonna quote. please do so with accuracy, especially if your going to imply that im a lier.

Dart- with yours and brooks lead foot. I wouldnt expect you to get anywhere near 30mpg. lol

The OP requested mpg values for a bone stock slant. Did that mean bone stock everything? If so, then you would be hard pressed to find one from the 1960s when Chrysler was touting 30 mpg from the economy Darts in contrast to the performance Darts.

The poster on the slantsix site did a few inexpensive modifications that anyone can do and achieve mpg comparable to modern cars. That was his point.

30 mpg out of a slant six is very good. My 1995 3 Liter v-6 Toyota Camry gets 30 mpg on the highway. It has an overdrive automatic tranny, 15 inch tires, and a economy setting for the fuel injection in order to get it. The advantage that this engine has over the slant is that I can turn off the overdrive and hit the "power" button and get really good power out of it.

Oh yeah, the car has 176K miles and still gets 30 mpg.

the car has the 225 with single barrel carb

-
Back