Super Six intake repo

-
That's not a "repop" it's a cleand up and painted original. "Reman" you might say I guess. It says "refurbished" right under the title. I think I can do the same for way cheaper.

I didn't get no 12 hp when I swapped in a super six intake and carb but for that money, that sumbish had better be aluminum.

I didn't get no 12 hp when I swapped in a super six intake and carb but for that money, that sumbish had better be aluminum.

The one in the Ebay ad is cast iron.

12HP might be possible with exhaust upgrades, too. With a bigger manifold and carburetor, it makes zero sense not to upgrade the exhaust, although lots of people do it that way and wonder why all that work made little to no difference. On mine, unless I am able to find some headers reasonably, I plan on enlarging the outlet on my slant exhaust manifold out to an honest 2.5" to match the new exhaust system I am going to run. Little details like that can add up when combined with other little things.

Damn, theres a bunch o them super six 2bbl setups in my local boneyard. I could make some money at $300 each sandblasted lol not.

I paid $160 for mine, dirty, grungy, and rusty. Probably worth grabbing up those boneyard ones.

If you read the complete listing, it is a factory single barrel manifold, modified for a two barrel. You could have that done, here, for half the price. I did one like that, but for the big Holley 2 bbl, about 40 years ago.

it also says the mounting flange "MAY" be machined as needed
which in turn means your exhaust WILL need to be machined by the same amount...if you want it to seal

Damn, theres a bunch o them super six 2bbl setups in my local boneyard. I could make some money at $300 each sandblasted lol not.
I would grab them. They are not worth big money, but they are in demand. If they have the transmission kick down linkage (including the lever on the trans) get that, also. The linkage alone, is worth as much as the manifold. They are worth the labor time to pull them. Carb and air cleaner, a bonus.

Complete engines, in mid 70s volares and aspens. I dont have the time to pull it, pay for it, and let it sit in the corner of my shop waiting for somebody who may or may not want it, then they ***** at the costs to ship a cast iron part.

I am looking to possibly buy a white 70 dart 270 moredoor w slanty as a DD. Owner says it runs great, decent body. Needs brakes, and tires, needs drivers seat redone. Depending on price and floor condition i may get it. If it needs minor stuff like brakes, tires etc, and i can plate it and drive it, well ok i'm game. I dont need another long term project. Supposedly has knee knocker aftermarket A/C unit. Will prob need gone thru so i can keep cool in summer. About the only upgrades i may do to it will be denso starter, electronic ignition with HEI 4 pin module, electric fan.

I would grab them. They are not worth big money, but they are in demand. If they have the transmission kick down linkage (including the lever on the trans) get that, also. The linkage alone, is worth as much as the manifold. They are worth the labor time to pull them. Carb and air cleaner, a bonus.
Yes the correct linage kickdown, is worth as much as the intake, or more. Yep shipping that manifold is like maybe $60 !!!! lol
I see guys all the time want $200 shipped for some common meager F body pieces on some of the sites, Where my runnin driving 76 Roadrunner costs me $1000 to begin with just a year ago!! lol

[QUOTE="barbee6043, post: 1972548547, member: 7 Yep shipping that manifold is like maybe $60 !!!!
[/QUOTE]

If you remove the carb studs, the egr valve, and the vacuum fitting, it will all fit in a USPS priority mail flat rate box for less then $20.00

If there is a super six set up it's probably long gone, that's any easy 500.00 bucks in carb linkage throttle bracket intake etc.

If there is a super six set up it's probably long gone, that's any easy 500.00 bucks in carb linkage throttle bracket intake etc.

No dude, theres several of em there. At the very least you could prob piece together 5 of em minus carburetor. This is an old yard. And they keep the older cars around. Nobody out here wants a slant 6, let alone a Super six setup.

Mopars lol, nobody but me out here wants em. Only a handful of people out here like the old mopar stuff. Usually the carbs are gone since they fit a 2bbl 318, but the rest is typically there. Air cleaners tossed inside the car etc. I typically pass by em myself to get to the V8 stuff. I went to a local mopar club meeting once. It was all new cars and trucks. None of these people had old vintage stuff or an interest in it. I never went back, was asked why, i told em if i wanted to see new cars and trucks i could go to the dealer for that.

Went on a recon mission today, Found a set of BBJ UCAs i will go back and get next weekend. Today i drove right past a mid 70s Volare wagon with complete slanty in it from air cleaner down. Only thing missing off it was a pair of FMJ spindles, dust shields and caliper mounts i grabbed. This car has been in that yard probably 12 -15 years or more and thats all thats been picked off it, because i did the picking.

Last one I found back in Mo. was $75, no kickdown, stick truck,.... they ain't gold back there either.
Yep Tx is mostly GM!!

Flat rate USPS , I can never find the box big enough!

Wow!!! At that size, those are handier than a pocket on a shirt. Looks like USPS will send a pack of 25 to you for free !!!! I dunno, i may just have to go into the super six intake manifold business.

It would certainly keep them from being scrapped. Not like they're makin any more is it?

I have shipped many slant six manifolds in that box. Stock, Offie, Clifford. Will not hold a long runner manifold.
Same here, it's funny to me when they lift up the package at the post office when it's a cast intake lol, I just tell them the board game jumanji is in it hahhahah any weight flat rate!!

Our small town post office, told me when I asked a while back, there are 2 different shapes of each flat ate box, they only keep one shape of each box, because they are "small"! lol The county has one traffic light!
Everyone time someone trries to send me anything, it costs a small fortune!!

I love saving all the cars, and parts I can but only so much $ and room!

Same here, it's funny to me when they lift up the package at the post office when it's a cast intake lol, I just tell them the board game jumanji is in it hahhahah any weight flat rate!!
People tell me a cast iron SB intake will fit in the flat box but I have yet find a seller that says so!!!! They want $60 to ship it! Ain't gonna happen for a door stop. lol

-
Back