Super six intake

-

cchrishefish

Reaction score
I am being offered a super six intake with 2 barrel carburator, will this work with my 64 Dart GT pushbutton automatic with my current linkage. Or, will I need to buy some other items?

You will need a gas pedal assembly from a 64, 65 or 66 A body and a long accelerator cable. I am unsure on the length. It's a very easy conversion. The factory indensions are already in the floor to drill for the new gas pedal assembly. I think I actually have an extra one if you are interested in it. I don't have a good V8 pedal, but I have a good V8 mechanism. You will also need the bracket that holds the cable. Everything is easily attainable and itis easy to do.

You will need a gas pedal assembly from a 64, 65 or 66 A body and a long accelerator cable. I am unsure on the length. It's a very easy conversion. The factory indensions are already in the floor to drill for the new gas pedal assembly. I think I actually have an extra one if you are interested in it. I don't have a good V8 pedal, but I have a good V8 mechanism. You will also need the bracket that holds the cable. Everything is easily attainable and itis easy to do.[/QUOTE OK so I need to have the V8 pedal assembly, correct?

Yes. You will need both the pedal and the mechanism.

So, if I decided to switch to a 4 barrel performance intake manifold, I would require the same parts?

The seller is offering me a package deal, one Aussiespeed valve cover, 1 super six intake with 2 carbs, and one Dutra Dual with the split in half stock exhaust manifold. Maybe I should use these items for trade because I really want to turbo my car and stick with a single exhaust. What I really want is the valve cover.

i got a early a body slant six 4 barrel custom linkage bolts to the stock set up and done with it. stock pedal stock linkage. only works with offenhauser 4 barrel.

20180401_114531.jpg

20180401_114535.jpg

The seller is offering me a package deal, one Aussiespeed valve cover, 1 super six intake with 2 carbs, and one Dutra Dual with the split in half stock exhaust manifold. Maybe I should use these items for trade because I really want to turbo my car and stick with a single exhaust. What I really want is the valve cover.
I assume you meant one two barrel carburetor and not two carburetors.

See the parallel 2bbl setup article. Photo documentation of a very well done such conversion is here.
These are honest questions from ignorance. I assume you posted these more for the throttle linkage set up than the intake mods?
On the intake mods. Seems like a lot of work, why not wait until you can find a super six intake? They are rare but can be found. OP found one and it sounds like he isn't sure of he even wants it. I would assume the super six intake is more than a stock one with a bigger carburetor mount. Larger runners?
I am also wondering about the cold air modification. Ok for a race car but any other use would suck. As in suck a lot of air out of the interior of the car. If my math is right a 225 at 1000 rpm is at 130 CFM. Why not run a hose forward and get the air from behind the grill somewhere?

NO, they aren't rare AT ALL. They are horribly over priced, because people think they can get rich off them. The runners are the same size.

I am being offered a super six intake with 2 barrel carburator, will this work with my 64 Dart GT pushbutton automatic with my current linkage. Or, will I need to buy some other items?

I saw this on Facebook, it's a great deal. I would love to have the valve cover and exhaust manifolds

These are honest questions from ignorance. I assume you posted these more for the throttle linkage set up than the intake mods?

No, the intake mod, with the parallel-mounted 2bbl, is what allow the use of the stock pre-'67 accelerator and rotating-rod throttle/kickdown linkage with a 2bbl carb. You can't do it with a Super Six intake (perpendicular carb mount).

I would assume the super six intake is more than a stock one with a bigger carburetor mount. Larger runners?

No, the plenum and runners are the same.

I am also wondering about the cold air modification. Ok for a race car but any other use would suck. As in suck a lot of air out of the interior of the car.

Um...what? Sorry, how do you reckon the carburetor would be sucking any air out of the interior of the car? What air intake mods are you referring to here?

Um...what? Sorry, how do you reckon the carburetor would be sucking any air out of the interior of the car? What air intake mods are you referring to here?
The last 4 or 5 pictures in the very well done such conversion link appear to show two hoses going from the air filter cover to two holes in the firewall. I assumed it's a race car partially because the heater fan has been deleted & I assume heater core.
Edit. It also appears that he has put a seal on the bottom half of the air filter cover to prevent it from pulling air in from the engine compartment.

Last edited:
Oh, those. Yeah, I wouldn't duct the air cleaner that way, either, but I'm also not building a racer.

The last 4 or 5 pictures in the very well done such conversion link appear to show two hoses going from the air filter cover to two holes in the firewall. I assumed it's a race car partially because the heater fan has been deleted & I assume heater core.
Edit. It also appears that he has put a seal on the bottom half of the air filter cover to prevent it from pulling air in from the engine compartment.

They don't go into the interior. They go into the cowl. They are taking of the low pressure area where the windshield meets the cowl. This has traditionally been a really good spot to induct air to the engine on a hot street and or race car.

I really appreciate all of the excellent information. When I do something to my car, I like to do it right the first time. With that being said, I want to work my car over in stages before going all the way to a turbo. So here is what I am considering. Install a four barrel intake and carburetor and proper accelerator pedal linkage. Then install a turbo later on. Which intake and carburetor combo works best for a street turbo car? I want to keep it simple and I want to maintain an electric choke. My car currently has the electric converi]sion choke with the Carter 1 barrel.

the pics that Dan posted, does anyone know with the custom air cleaner if and what the difference in performance it made?
assuming it has to be better!

-
Back