Super Stock Barracuda questions

-

davescuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
SS Barracuda questions

OKAY I know all the Barracudas started as 383 cars. My question is on the automatic cars. I know all the 383 auto cars came with floor shift. So on the super stock car what did they do with the hole in the floor that the shift rod went through. Did they use a plug or was it not stamped? Did the hurst cable go through it? If not were did the cable go through in the floor?

SS Barracuda questions

OKAY I know all the Barracudas started as 383 cars. My question is on the automatic cars. I know all the 383 auto cars came with floor shift. So on the super stock car what did they do with the hole in the floor that the shift rod went through. Did they use a plug or was it not stamped? Did the hurst cable go through it? If not were did the cable go through in the floor?
I would like to know this as well

Page 45 of the "Authentication Guide" shows a pic claiming to be of an original auto shifter in one of the cars. Assuming it's correct & recognizing there was no real consistency in the builds, I'd say it's safe to assume the cable went anywhere under the mini-console, depending on who was assembling the particular car...

Page 45 of the "Authentication Guide" shows a pic claiming to be of an original auto shifter in one of the cars. Assuming it's correct & recognizing there was no real consistency in the builds, I'd say it's safe to assume the cable went anywhere under the mini-console, depending on who was assembling the particular car...
Yes, that is the correct shifter and console. See the Darts did not have the hole in floor so Hurst made a hole. On the Barracuda I am trying to find out if the factory left the hole for the factory console linkage and use that for the cable or it was not stamp and hurst grilled a hole.
Anybody?

Have you tried MCR, they did the Speedwin Dart, and may have some info...

Yes, that is the correct shifter and console. See the Darts did not have the hole in floor so Hurst made a hole. On the Barracuda I am trying to find out if the factory left the hole for the factory console linkage and use that for the cable or it was not stamp and hurst grilled a hole.
Anybody?
Why would the Dart be different than the Barracuda?

I would like some more info here.
Fender Tag says 383. Was there a 383 with column shift?

What was the Difference at the Interior between a Standard Barracuda and a BO29?

Basically they were just like the Darts---A100 seats, no rear seat, radio/heater delete and a basic interior trim package

Here is another Pic I found of Jack Werst car (supposedly first to leave Hurst)but does not show the cable routing. Appears to be the same shifter without the cover and mounted slightly different.

116812_Interior_Web.jpg

Last edited:
Here is another Pic I found of Jack Werst car (supposedly first to leave Hurst)but does not show the cable routing. Appears to be the same shifter without the cover and mounted slightly different.

View attachment 1714982781
The shifter is mounted correctly. The 68 Hurst shifter are offset on the tunnel. Just not sure about front to back is correct?

-
Back