Should FABO have a forum for BO29 & LO23 Hemi A-Bodies

• Yes

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
I have already voted so I want fill the ballot box!! but like the guy said, those interested in this should keep this going so those guys that aren't on here every fri----- day will see it and voice their opinion.

most of us get into the old mopars (cars) because we have a dream. we may never build a SS replica or own a real one, but we love to study history, facts, lies, truths, and related info..... and these cars represent the ultimate mopar, IMHO.

This is so correct
thanks

I would love to see a forum for the Super Stock A bodies. They were definitely the baddest of the bad!

Of course I also voted YES! My cousin still owns one of the '68 Barracudas B029 that he ordered new and it is still in mint shape... The Hairbender
YES!!!!!!!

Ask your cousin if he remembers the 427/425hp '68 Chevy Biscayne I use to own, run by Ennis Lund, called "Ennis Menace" also from Sioux Falls. Here's a pic of the Hairbender......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 396
Why not all factory built A body race cars. Do we forget about them

I agree. if not mistaken, ma mopar supplied info, know how for the home builders.

I realize us "older" guys identify with these cars, where the younger guy might invision a hemi sitting between the rails of his 74 duster.

Ask your cousin if he remembers the 427/425hp '68 Chevy Biscayne I use to own, run by Ennis Lund, called "Ennis Menace" also from Sioux Falls. Here's a pic of the Hairbender......

Still has the factory exhaust on it, very cool.

BO 29

One of the original 1968 BO 29 Barracuda Race Hemi Super Stock cars was damaged
during a delivery.

Town & County Plymouth ~ Phoenix, Arizona

The car {Automatic} was shipped to Phoenix via the typical Car Hauler,

When the Barracuda was being backed off the Trailer, the track-rails shifted
and the car went 'splash' to the pavement.

The entire right back rear body had buckled, and the rear frame-rails bent like a Pretzel.

The large back Window Glass panel popped out and landed on the ground.

It was called 'The Phoenix Flop'.

The BO 29 was shipped back to Detroit, and stripped of the 'goodies'.

A replacement BO 29 was 'never' sent back to Phoenix.

So 5 pages of mostly positive comments for a new forum and a lopsided poll 'for' said new forum but no new forum. What's the deal? Is this gonna come to fruition or we pissin' in the wind here?

They had Larry Griffiths LO23 at Woodward Dream Cruise last year. The new owner had done a great resto on it. They fired it up a couple of times and gave it a rev - awesome car. Love these A body super stocks. Forum would be great to learn a little more about them.

Rmchrgr, relax man, it all started only 10 days ago, 1 week before Christmas. I'm sure the Admins have been busy like everyone else. It might take a little bit.

BO 29

One of the original 1968 BO 29 Barracuda Race Hemi Super Stock cars was damaged
during a delivery.

Town & County Plymouth ~ Phoenix, Arizona

The car {Automatic} was shipped to Phoenix via the typical Car Hauler,

When the Barracuda was being backed off the Trailer, the track-rails shifted
and the car went 'splash' to the pavement.

The entire right back rear body had buckled, and the rear frame-rails bent like a Pretzel.

The large back Window Glass panel popped out and landed on the ground.

It was called 'The Phoenix Flop'.

The BO 29 was shipped back to Detroit, and stripped of the 'goodies'.

A replacement BO 29 was 'never' sent back to Phoenix.

That's CRAZY $hit rite there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure that one went rite to the crusher???

Yo, this is Cawley. I never saw your barracuda I person, only pictures. I think your barracuda is AWSOME

Thanks Cawley.... :glasses7:

Now back to the topic at hand. Has the new forum for these factory hot rods been created yet? LoL :D

well.. considering the original no new forum decision that prompted this thread, the actual low #'s in this thread (I think some said over 3000 views but less than 200 votes) and how few cars we're actually talking about... I'm betting you're likely just pissin' in the wind... Caveat here: don't come after me - I've no dog in the fight and essentially don't care either way.. it would be cool for sure, but not a forum I would be into or contributing to..
So 5 pages of mostly positive comments for a new forum and a lopsided poll 'for' said new forum but no new forum. What's the deal? Is this gonna come to fruition or we pissin' in the wind here?

Thanks Cawley.... :glasses7:

Now back to the topic at hand. Has the new forum for these factory hot rods been created yet? LoL :D

This is whats happening. With Joey updating all the sites to the new format. He is very busy. Forabodiesonly will be last site updated. If this happens and it should it will be right after that, So if we can keep this post going and the votes keep coming I am sure this will be a form for sure. Tell your friends, thanks

Rare Photo's of the following BO 29 Barracuda Race Hemi's

* James A. Thomas and Milton E. Updyke ........ Tyronne, Pennsyvania
Note > "Updyke and Thomas" ~ SS/BA

* Al Ramsey ................................................. Frederick, Maryland
Note > "Mr. Greenback" ~ SS/BA

* Town and Country Chrysler-Plymouth ............ Phoenix, Arizona
Note > The just delivered 'BO 29' hanging off the Car Hauler {The right-rear of the body 'smashed'}
Note > The BO 29 was an 'Automatic'

* Washburn Plymouth ..................................... Shreveport, Louisiana
Note > "Washburn Plymouth" ~ SS/BA

* Larry Todd .................................................. Jacksonville, Florida
Note > "Sawtooth" ~ SS/BA

1968 Chrysler Race Hemi Program

Originally, Dodge was approved to build '60' - LO 23 Dart's.
* 35 - Automatics
* 25 - 4-Speeds

Dick Landy was approved to get '2' Race Hemi Dart's.

Originally, Plymouth was approved to build '50' - BO 29 Barracuda's
* 30 - Automatics
* 20 - 4-Speeds

Sox & Martin were approved to get '2' Race Hemi Barracuda's

What was the two Dick Landy Darts autos or 4 speeds and What where they raced as?

What was the two Dick Landy Darts autos or 4 speeds and What where they raced as?

Daves Cuda

One was an Automatic, and one was a 4-Speed.

Dick Landy first raced an LO23 at the 1968 Hot Rod Magazine Championships at
Riverside International Raceway {California} on March 23 & 24.

Dick Landy raced the Automatic in SS/BA.

Dick Landy LO23 Race Hemi Dart's
LO23 M8B 297859 ..... 4-Speed
LO23 M8B 297866 ..... Automatic

Daves Cuda

One was an Automatic, and one was a 4-Speed.

Dick Landy first raced an LO23 at the 1968 Hot Rod Magazine Championships at
Riverside International Raceway {California} on March 23 & 24.

Dick Landy raced the Automatic in SS/BA.

Dick Landy LO23 Race Hemi Dart's
LO23 M8B 297859 ..... 4-Speed
LO23 M8B 297866 ..... Automatic

From what I herd the automatic car never race as an automatic car. It was supposed to be a 4 speed car. So Hurst but the 4 speed stuff in the trunk and Landy swap it out at his shop?

-
Back