Supercharging a Slant 6

-

Wizard

Reaction score
Was thinking of building some supercharged slant six engines in future. Would a 318 supercharged engine make about how much power/torgue and is superchargers available for this engine also? Would same manufacture who makes supercharger for slant 6 make one for the 318?

Wizard

if it were me, i would go with a pro charger
it is a belt driven supercharger that mounts like an alternator, and plumbs in like a turbo
this means that these are not really application specific

i would just go with the 360 V8 in my 65 cuda which was a /6

i would just go with the 360 V8 in my 65 cuda which was a /6

not a bad option but a forced induction /6 with 10psi of boost is going to be a ton of fun and very streetable.

And a 360 with 10 PSI of boost will be even more fun and still steerable
Anyone do a 318 motor? Was on their website and on you tube to look at some. Worth it or better to just stroke the motor and no supercharger. I have a bunch of 318's and looking for cheap torque and power. I don't have any access or have any 360 motors. Have a lot of slant sixes and 318's. Have some cars I am building and interested in getting more cheap power/torque

Anyone do a 318 motor? Was on their website and on you tube to look at some. Worth it or better to just stroke the motor and no supercharger. I have a bunch of 318's and looking for cheap torque and power. I don't have any access or have any 360 motors. Have a lot of slant sixes and 318's. Have some cars I am building and interested in getting more cheap power/torque
Check out our forced induction s3ction of the forum, I'm sure there are some there

I would image the lower compression ratio of the 318 would make it work real well with boost

Im boosting a 273...in the near or far future. Already got the Isky turbo cam installed, bone stock pistons, cleaned and prepped short block. Heads together.....to carb or EFI?

Im boosting a 273...in the near or far future. Already got the Isky turbo cam installed, bone stock pistons, cleaned and prepped short block. Heads together.....to carb or EFI?

be different, get yourself a dual 4 barrel intake, and put a fitech on the one, a holley 4 barrel on the other
then you can really compare notes

Id have to find one of the 30 dual quad early 273 intakes......already have the 360 TB, injectors and MS. also have a 360 TBI: TBI draw through?

If you've been paying attention you'll notice that more and more modern car manufacturers are going towards smaller engines with turbos. Smaller engines for more MPG at cruise and turbo to add power when you need it.
If you're serious, then do a 318 and if it blows up just pull the motor and install the next teen in line.

-
Back