SuperTrapp muffler discs

-

dustoff440

Reaction score
Has anyone run straight pipe out to SuperTrapp muffler discs setup. I am intrigued by this set up as you can adjust your backpressure and sound level by adding or subtracting discs??

Yes, they sound sort of funny though. Sounded all the time like an exhaust leak with the exhaust hissing between the plates. The fewer the plates, the more it hissed.

i dont like the thought of adjustable backpreasure, i like no backpreasure

I have 2 small clamp-on SuperTrap units that I bought out of the VW EMPI catalogue a few years ago. When I need to have less noise (like when I drive in Beverly Hills), The 12 disc tips clamp on to any pair of 2" tailpipes in a couple of minutes and make a considerable reduction in sound. Larger or smaller pipes sizes could be accommodated by any muffler shop. I'm also real happy with my stand-alone ST muffler/spark arrester on my Maico 450 dirt bike. I have played with different numbers of discs. Not a whole lot of difference in power or sound noticed with 10 or more discs. Never experimented on a dyno. on the Maico or my Barracudas, (318, 340 and 440).

I have used Supertrapps on several BMWs, Mazdas and motorbikes. Needless to say I think their great.

They do have some drawbacks.
The bolts holding the disks can sease. (not good)
The sound they make is the you love it or hate it sound. ( Bad to hate after you spent your money)
They cost $$$$

The good is
Sound can be changed.(The disks and the packing is adjustable)
The mufflers can be moved from car to car.
People will ask you a lot of questions and hang around your car( this could be in the bad section)

Whip

-
Back