Suspension?

-

71scamp78

Reaction score
Got a 70 Dart and putting a modern stroked hemi in it. Will be a carbureted 394 cubes with a 727 or 904. As far as rear suspension I was thinking of putting some super stock springs on it and just wondering if that will be OK. It will be a street strip car and I don't want to break the bank on it right now . I'm moving the perches in 3 inches to get some wider tires in the stock wheel wells. Is there any other spring to use besides them like the XHD or are they the same. Also what shocks work decent for both road and strip I'm assuming some type adjustable shocks. It will retain the 6 cylinder torsion bars as well. Also if it matters I'm using a 8.8 Ford rear...I know I know lol but hard to find a A body one as cheap as these with disc brakes .

Nothing wrong with the 8.8, strong, cheap, common. What is your ratio on the Street/Strip? I'd error on the side that the car will spend most of its time doing.

I should have been more specific, sorry. How often are you planning on it being strip and how often on the strip? But 3.73:1 are good, depending on the combo.

I won't be there every weekend but it won't the highway all the time either. Just kind of curious on what springs to use

Caltracs are a better option than super stocks for drag racing. All of the old timers will challenge me on this, while most of them probably haven't driven a car down the strip in 20 years, let alone actually tried the Caltracs. I think you need to be honest with yourself. If you go to the track 4 times a year just for fun, does it matter if you have drag specific springs? Ride quality it very poor with both super stock and Caltracs. Not to mention the super stocks will have the back end of the car so high it looks ridiculous. A reproduction spring with be a better ride and who cares if you are a couple tenths slower at the track!

Caltracs are a better option than super stocks for drag racing. All of the old timers will challenge me on this, while most of them probably haven't driven a car down the strip in 20 years, let alone actually tried the Caltracs. I think you need to be honest with yourself. If you go to the track 4 times a year just for fun, does it matter if you have drag specific springs? Ride quality it very poor with both super stock and Caltracs. Not to mention the super stocks will have the back end of the car so high it looks ridiculous. A reproduction spring with be a better ride and who cares if you are a couple tenths slower at the track!

Yeah I'm not looking for every tenth I can get. Would like car raised up a little over stock for sure. Maybe call Espo

-
Back