FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
IMG_0398.jpg
All,
I've become an old guy who many years ago developed a passion for the short wheelbase, solid post 66 Valiant as the lightest, cleanest styled and "sleepiest" performer in the A-Body camp. I've had a lot of them, 273s, 340s, 360's, road race brakes/suspension etc.

For the last few years I've been on a quest for a solid foundation to build a current expression of this car. Thinking generally of a stroked high content aluminum small block, 5spd, big brake/Ehrenberg suspension etc sleeper at under 3000 lbs.

Anyone familiar with these cars knows they are the rarest ever. A 66 V100 only came with a full pan rubber molded mat, over jute. The least amount of moisture getting into the jute will rot out the pan even as the car looks mint and clean.

So I went on a quest. I found one in Kingman AZ, it is a lifetime high desert car that spent the last 15 yr abandoned in a shed. Total hulk but intact unit body. Bonus is radio delete with undrilled fender and dash plate. I next found one in Pahrump NV, equally of desert history, great S6 225 driver that looks great but has the hidden secret of rotted floor with crappy patching.

Cars are in SW Colorado. I'm retiring and tired. I'll consider passing on this collected potential for no less then $7K. If you care you know this is rare stuff.

Asked for pictures, yes. I'll get em soon, my retirement shop where they're at is 350 miles away. I can emphasize that both cars are clean clean clean like you never see.

Picture just loaded is the AZ car. Solid unit body but especially floor pans. NV car looks better, is great driver, but has patched pans. Quarters, trunk, etc... no rot in either

Last edited:
Thanks halfafish, great nick btw. Talking with my son who lives on the retirement ranch now and holds down the shop... it's maybe worth tossing out there we would entertain a trade/partial trade for a 64-66 Barracuda shell... visualizing a complete unrusted car that is fine with weak or missing mechanicals. No junk, I'm in the SW so refuse to deal with rot. This will be a car we build together as he grew up drooling on the pictures of my 65 Barracuda SCCA/A-Sedan (Trans Am Series veteran) that I street converted in the mid-70s'.

Hey! I'm new to the MOPAR scene and interested in buying my first car. I love the '66 Valiant body. Would you be interested in splitting the pair at all? I live in the city(actually Denver) and an apartment, which means I don't really have room for the two. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back