Swap 65 Valiant grill for a 65 Dart grill?

-

d100clubcab

Reaction score
Hi,

I like the grill of the 65 Dart but like the rear of the 65 Valiant Signet
Is it possible to swap the 65 Dart grill onto the 65 Valley?

Im not sure but I think you need to use the whole Dart front clip(fenders,hood,bumper etc).not just the grill.
I have seen a barracuda with a Dart front clip, it looked weird. I have also seen 64 Valiant grill on a 65 Valiant
and Cuda that looks good.

-- Hi, -- I like the grill of the 65 Dart but like the rear of the 65 Valiant Signet. -- Is it possible to swap the 65 Dart grill onto the 65 Valley? --
-- Don't know about that, but a Barracuda grill looks good, in My opinion. -- This is My 65 Valiant. --

Valiant - Front - 2.JPG

Agree that you can do it as long as you swap over the Dart front fenders, hood, front bumper and front valence panel. The Canadian 63-64 Valiant Signets were actually the reverse of what your plans are. They had the Valiant front end on the Dart body.
http://autosofinterest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/1964-Valiant-med.jpg
View attachment 1715108584

View attachment 1715108585

Everyone,

Thanks for the replies

But Jim, that is one sweet grill on that baby blue model there.
That 64 Grill is nice too but I don't care for the push button shifter

The Canadian 63-64 Valiant Signets were actually the reverse of what your plans are. They had the Valiant front end on the Dart body

That applies to all '63-'64 Canadian Valiants, not just the Signets.

And yes, the OP would need to install a '65 Dart front end assembly ("front clip") if he prefers a '65 Dart grill. The only grills that will fit a US/Canada '64-'65 Valiant are as follows:

-US/Canada '64 Valiant
-US/Canada '65 Valiant
-US/Canada '64-'65 Barracuda
-Australian AP6 Valiant (that's this one).

I followed that car on face book. I wish they would of shown more of the engine details on that build. But a great looking car with a neat interior.

I followed that car on face book. I wish they would of shown more of the engine details on that build. But a great looking car with a neat interior.

He sold it shortly after completing it
I was hotter than fish grease that I missed his classified ad

I have a '65 Barracuda and I just don't love the grill. From what I am seeing above, a '64 Valiant Grill be a reasonably easy swap?

Image is the potential '64 grill!

(If it works, I would be happy to hook one of ya'll up with the barracuda grill.)

s-l1600.jpg

Yes, the '64 Valiant grill will fit on your Barracuda, but then you won't have any front turn signals unless you also swap in a '63 or '64-'65 Valiant front valence with turn signal lights built in. It might(!) also be possible to swap on a '66 Valiant front bumper with built-in turn signals, but I've never tried that.

I know the 65 Valiant Signet had a dart front end. but I think it was the same body with diff interiors

Plymouth and Dodge roofs were different but the doors are the same. The swap would be fenders forward to the bumper

I know the 65 Valiant Signet had a dart front end. but I think it was the same body with diff interiors
Canada didn't have a Dart. It was a Valiant. Basically a Dart with Valiant badging.

-
Back