SWAP MEET

-
Waiting on a friend [8:30], then we'll wander down that way[ gotta get coffee, etc] . I'll be the fat guy with a "Stooges" hat and blue tinted glasses.

Got my first real exercise, in months. Felt good and tiresome. Saw a few people I knew...Nice. Lots of my old buddies are gone, and the whole deal is definitely less exciting. I see lots of the same overpriced parts-whores, dragging **** all over the country. I don't know how they pay for fuel and tables. The prices for junk I throw away, is silly.

There was nothing I was looking for, but I have to buy something.......

5-bucks...poster
10-bucks....NOS gauge

Angele poster.jpg

SW water.jpg

Last edited:
Got my first real exercise, in months. Felt good and tiresome. Saw a few people I knew...Nice. Lots of my old buddies are gone, and the whole deal is definitely less exciting. I see lots of the same overpriced parts-whores, dragging **** all over the country. I don't know how they pay for fuel and tables. The prices for junk I throw away, is silly.

There was nothing I was looking for, but I have to buy something.......

5-bucks...poster
10-bucks....NOS gauge

View attachment 1716044759

View attachment 1716044760
Macomb County College swap meet?

Yup, 12-mile High. Lots of people and action. I think I saw the most sales were big commercial vendors. I walked by that stuff. There were very few "go-fast" parts. I missed an opportunity. Lots of open tables....

I bought a few things - headlight trim ring, a few other items. The BEST thing I got was a lower ball joint separator tool from Mancini. Wanted that for awhile! Of course, already did the suspension work I had planned. :BangHead:

Met some members, sold some parts, had a lot of fun and saw a lot of old friends. It was a great day.

@Mr Sinister, it was nice to meet you and chat some, I wish we had more time to talk more.

Met some members, sold some parts, had a lot of fun and saw a lot of old friends. It was a great day.

@Mr Sinister, it was nice to meet you and chat some, I wish we had more time to talk more.
I saw you there at your table but there was a bunch of people around. When I came back around I did not see you again.
Glad you had a good time.

It was a good day
I also met some members Cosgig was good guy to meet and my tables were back to back with Mr. Chicago Jim Rhinehart so that really makes a good day!

Best thing that happened to me besides my above post was when a longtime friend came up to me and invited my brother and I over to help clear out his massive barns full of cars and parts and bring them to the people. This deal has been going on for about 20 years, even I was shocked that he is ready. I just hope the hobby lasts long enough to get the job done. I’m already knee deep doing the same thing for another family I’ve known for years. I’m definitely gonna need another barn or 2!

Best thing that happened to me besides my above post was when a longtime friend came up to me and invited my brother and I over to help clear out his massive barns full of cars and parts and bring them to the people. This deal has been going on for about 20 years, even I was shocked that he is ready. I just hope the hobby lasts long enough to get the job done. I’m already knee deep doing the same thing for another family I’ve known for years. I’m definitely gonna need another barn or 2!
That's gonna be a much more common and frequent thing. In a few years....all scrap.

-
Back