Swapmeet Mufflers

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Found a pair of these at a swap meet today new in the boxes.

Thinking about using them on the Demon......Feedback needed please.

Mufflers & Barefoot 001.jpg

And I also found this for a friend of mine. :wave: ;-)

Mufflers & Barefoot 001.jpg

Mufflers & Barefoot 002.jpg

I've never used them but i've heard good things about them from others,and i believe tti uses those in their exhaust kits...did you get a good deal they sell for 47.00 new...

I like em! what is the dia of the inlet and oulet? Had a hemi super turbo on my Dart with single exhaust. Sounds mean...

Bought the pair for $45.....I am hoping some members here have used them and can let me know about the sound, noise level, etc.

Well seems to if I recall correctly that they have a rumble but not overly lound unless you get into it. Drone wise I cant tell you because i had single exhaust.

i run dynomax super turbos on my car. love them. nice deep sound and its not loud which is what i wanted

Cheryl...I have those mufflers on my Dart Sport. I love them. Nice deep tone, low resonance, classic muscle car sound.

i run dynomax super turbos on my car. love them. nice deep sound and its not loud which is what i wanted

It is great to hear that other members are running these. I don't want the exhaust to be too loud at idle, but at WOT I like a little noise :toothy8:

Cheryl...I have those mufflers on my Dart Sport. I love them. Nice deep tone, low resonance, classic muscle car sound.

Talk about blind luck....LOL Had really no idea what I was buying but thought I would take a chance and the price seemed right. If I got a bunch of "junk" comments here, I figured I could at least sell them for the $45 I spent. "Classic muscle car sound" is 8)....just what I want.

Thanks for the video AdamR.....hmmm......I like how Joe's car sounds:toothy10::toothy10:

Have them on my Dart. The video link is on my gallery if you want to hear what they sound like. I love them.

I've used those before... you'll love'em!

Thanks mully.....now that the Demon is finally running, I have to do the exhaust.

the car was actually quieter and deeper sounding in person then the video for some reason.

those mufflers are really quiet at first but get a little louder after some miles. my car is really quiet now with the stock motor in it.

I like that you say it was quieter in person. The Demon is pretty much a stock build also.

Have them on my Dart. The video link is on my gallery if you want to hear what they sound like. I love them.

Great video also and beautiful car.....Sounds quite healthy...LOL

Your car sounds awesome!

What cam are you running in that bad boy?

I didn't build the short block and the car changed hands several times before I got it. The last few guys never got it running but I was told its a 509 Purple shaft. I pulled the top end off and its a hydraulic purple shaft for sure so I'm going with a 509. I don't think the hydraulic purple shaft cams get any bigger before you have to go to a solid lifter.

Dynomax “Super Turbo” 17734 4.25" x 9.75" x 14" 70% 69, 83, 93 69, 86, 89
Nice mufflers, unfortunately Cheryl offset offset are tougher to fit under A-bodies.
Tom

Dynomax “Super Turbo” 17734 4.25" x 9.75" x 14" 70% 69, 83, 93 69, 86, 89
Nice mufflers, unfortunately Cheryl offset offset are tougher to fit under A-bodies.
Tom

Thanks for the post Tom...was hoping you would respond to this thread. Will they fit if I send the car to a "great" exhaust shop here in town?

Just to add to the dilemma :rolleyes:........The Demon has had the springs relocated and I really want to run the chrome tips out the back. BIG HURDLE...:happy10:

Thanks for the post Tom...was hoping you would respond to this thread. Will they fit if I send the car to a "great" exhaust shop here in town?

Just to add to the dilemma :rolleyes:........The Demon has had the springs relocated and I really want to run the chrome tips out the back. BIG HURDLE...:happy10:

My springs are relocated in board as well. I'm running 2 1/2 out the back so it can be done. Its tight but they go. The tips end up right under where your old spring hangers were.

IMG_2144.jpg

My springs are relocated in board as well. I'm running 2 1/2 out the back so it can be done. Its tight but they go. The tips end up right under where your old spring hangers were.

Thank you 1969GTS.....Any pics available by chance ? The right side looks to be a real challenge..........not that I don't enjoy a challenge....LOL :toothy10::toothy10:

Thanks T.....love your car. Your video is awesome and the BTO in the background is quite nice......8)

-
Back