Swapmeet Mufflers

-
Thank you 1969GTS.....Any pics available by chance ? The right side looks to be a real challenge..........not that I don't enjoy a challenge....LOL :toothy10::toothy10:

I'm out of town till next weekend but PM to remind me and I'll jack it up and take some pic's for you.

I'm out of town till next weekend but PM to remind me and I'll jack it up and take some pic's for you.

Sweeeeeet, thank you very much. I will remind you.....8)

Most I have looked at says "no way". I like to find the way....LOL

I didn't build the short block and the car changed hands several times before I got it. The last few guys never got it running but I was told its a 509 Purple shaft. I pulled the top end off and its a hydraulic purple shaft for sure so I'm going with a 509. I don't think the hydraulic purple shaft cams get any bigger before you have to go to a solid lifter.

I was really guessing it was Mopar cam and I was right ... lol! Thanks.

Thanks for the post Tom...was hoping you would respond to this thread. Will they fit if I send the car to a "great" exhaust shop here in town?

Just to add to the dilemma :rolleyes:........The Demon has had the springs relocated and I really want to run the chrome tips out the back. BIG HURDLE...:happy10:

yea any decent exhaust guy will fit the offset/offset under there with no problem

Dynomax “Super Turbo” 17734 4.25" x 9.75" x 14" 70% 69, 83, 93 69, 86, 89
Nice mufflers, unfortunately Cheryl offset offset are tougher to fit under A-bodies.
Tom

That is the only problem with that particular muffler. The offset/offset.

I swapped out a set of Accurate Ltd. mufflers for a pair of DynoMax Super Turbo mufflers. With the Dyno Max mufflers, my GTS dropped a full second off the E.T, and picked up 7mph. That was the ONLY change I did. I piad $82 for the pair thru Mancini Racing. Best 80 bucks I EVER spent on the car!
:wav:

That is the only problem with that particular muffler. The offset/offset.

I swapped out a set of Accurate Ltd. mufflers for a pair of DynoMax Super Turbo mufflers. With the Dyno Max mufflers, my GTS dropped a full second off the E.T, and picked up 7mph. That was the ONLY change I did. I piad $82 for the pair thru Mancini Racing. Best 80 bucks I EVER spent on the car!
:wav:

damn those accurate mufflers must be some serious restrictions. the super turbos are good mufflers. i always recomend them to anyone wanting a not too loud muffler that flows really well. my bud has a 67 lemans it ran 11.70 through a 2 1/2" system with hemi super turbos. it sounded like a 13.90 car at best. it was unbelievable.

damn those accurate mufflers must be some serious restrictions. the super turbos are good mufflers. i always recomend them to anyone wanting a not too loud muffler that flows really well. my bud has a 67 lemans it ran 11.70 through a 2 1/2" system with hemi super turbos. it sounded like a 13.90 car at best. it was unbelievable.

Here is what the Accurate mufflers look like inside:

accuratemuffler.JPG

The 2 1/4" inlet pipe necks down to 2" inside the muffler body. The gasses have six (6) 1/2" holes to pass thru to get from chamber to chamber before they can exit thru the outlet pipe which is still 2" but necks up to 2 1/4" outside the muffler body.

It reminds me of Corvette side pipes which were supposedly a 2 1/2" tube but turns out the chambered design necked the pipe down to 1 7/8" internally. Too much restriction.
The Accurate mufflers looked good, and sounded good without that Flowmaster-type drone at cruise speed. But I didn't realize they were this restrictive until I swapped them out and cut open one to look inside.

yea any decent exhaust guy will fit the offset/offset under there with no problem

That is great news to hear abodyjoe. Hoping to get the exhaust done in the next few weeks.

i have dynomax super turbos on mine the sound is awesome, car sounds like a muscle car should !

Well, it seems that I might have gotten a bargain and a great set of mufflers for the Demon.....Thx for your input

caveman, Your car sounds awesome and it looks like you've got the later style A-Body chrome tips on it. What I am hoping to do also.....

Thanks for posting it. :toothy7:

I hope this helps. I noticed they did have to bend the corners of the fuel tank seem up a bit to wiggle them in there.

IMG_2419.jpg

IMG_2420.jpg

IMG_2421.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

I hope this helps. I noticed they did have to bend the corners of the fuel tank seem up a bit to wiggle them in there.

Thank you sooo much for the pictures, it helps a bunch.
Very nice of you...........:toothy7: :hello2:

-
Back