Swapping out old PS box? Any suggestions on new one?

-

Troub

67 Dart 270, 225 slant six
Reaction score
looking to swap my old and tired power steering box out for a new one. The 67 Dart 270 model slant six is going to be a daily driver so would like some newer feeling handling without breaking the bank. Any thoughts on a good model box that's pretty close to being a simple bolt on?
Thanks!

Firmfeel has nice boxes (stage 1, 2 and 3), but cost is there especially core charge/shipping. Borgeson is suppose to be really good, and lighter

Or PST and go with a 16 to 1 (or 20 to 1) and not break the bank and get a member discount

Get ahold of Peter Bergman at Bergman Auto Craft, (he's a member here as well, GMachineDartGt ) . I bought a box,pump,hoses & coupler off him last year. He was absolutely awesome to deal with from start to finish. It was pricey but honestly can't recommend Peter enough. The 70 dart V8 is a daily driver and steers with one finger on the highway!

Last edited:
Bergman will set you up with a Borgeson box. Much better feel than the OEM.

looking to swap my old and tired power steering box out for a new one. The 67 Dart 270 model slant six is going to be a daily driver so would like some newer feeling handling without breaking the bank. Any thoughts on a good model box that's pretty close to being a simple bolt on?
Thanks!
I talked to firmfeel last week and they had a 4 to 6 week turn around. Steer and gear had a week and a half and was cheaper after the core credit.
http://www.steerandgear.com/
Heard good things about both companies.
Both have different levels of “feel” that can be set in the gear box.

Thanks to all you guys for the information. The helpfulness is what makes this forum so great.

Get ahold of Peter Bergman at Bergman Auto Craft, (he's a member here as well, GMachineDartGt ) .
And free shipping... @GMachineDartGT

Bergman Auto Craft - Home of the Modern Muscle Car

58A23930-7FD3-485E-9824-5A07DC9D3262.png
418B1B22-33A9-436A-9AE4-55BC6AC223C8.png

I got mine from FirmFeel. Shipping was pricey. They are in Washington. Great service, no kidding great. One reason I didn’t go Bergman was my headers, not sure if that will affect you, but something to think about.

Your reasoning doesn't add up.... you're worried about headers, so you still rather chose for the big bulky castiron factory lump, instead of the smaller Borgeson P/S box...?

No, I bought my headers prior to the box. Because of the headers, I could not get the Borgeson.

Yep, TTIs were specific on what box you could use. So, I went FirmFeel.

Had I known it might be pretty small modifications, I may have went Borgeson. For the weight and shipping.

I got mine from FirmFeel. Shipping was pricey. They are in Washington. Great service, no kidding great. One reason I didn’t go Bergman was my headers, not sure if that will affect you, but something to think about.
Slant Six, no header worries.

What engine? Generally borgeson fits everything is easy. Big tube gen 2 hemi can be an issue. Only times I've seen small blocks a problem is when the driveline angle is off.

TTIs for a 6.1 genIII

Don’t have the part number available right now.

-
Back