swapping pumps, alignment issue

-

roylerumble

Reaction score
So I'm having issues with fittings and hoses matching up my federal PS pump to the rack and pinion on my RMS AlterKtion, so I found a saginaw and brackets and I'm attempting to do the swap. Having issues on alignment, I'd say the pulley on the pump is about 3/16" too far back. What is an acceptable tolerance? Should I stuff a couple spacers between the block and mounts to shim it out?

Thanks fellas, this is the last issue before I get to fire up and drive the beast.

Its not bad but not amazing. If I had no other choice I would probably run it and baby it at first to see how everything did... and if the belt whined. In your case, it sound really easy to stuff some spacers or washers to dial it in perfect, so I would say to do that. A small stack of washers is cheaper than replacing a potentially prematurely bad pump or replacing belts prematurely

what style water pump ? Iron 69 back or 70 up aluminum

Hell Steve you have a better Crystal Ball than I do. He didn't even mention if this is a SB, B/RB, or a slant.......or something completely different..................

Remember if you shim you might need to get longer bolts

-
Back