memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a set or just rear or front sway bares for my 66 Valiant /6.
Or is there such an animal ?
Thank you. :-D

Mike you can use any A-body sway bar that is 1972 or older (someone correct me if 72 isnt the right cut off year) Do you have lowwer control arms with the tabs or are you going to fab some tabs?

Front sway bar, Addco part # 020-150..it's listed for 67 and up..might want to ask them. Whats the k frame difference between a 66 and 67? This is a 1 1/8 bar!!

Rear sway bar, Addco part # 020-675...it's listed for 1962-1976 Vailiant this is a 7/8" bar.

I used this setup in my convertible and it does work!!! You might want a little smaller front bar, I was kidded about my new front solid axle.The front bar is 149.99 and the rear is 130.99. I welded pads for the rear mounts and the rear bar is a excellent fit.

Addco front bar kit will likely be the best choise. They triangle shaped bushing mounts for the early factory bar hang too low and are prone to breaking.
addco bars may not be as heavy and strong as other aftermarket bars but they are more affordable. Besides.. ANY bar will be a big improvement.

Thank you , I think I will start with the rear bar first.
I am assuming they will come with instructions and parts to put them on.
I will see if I can find the Addco part # 020-675, I hope they have a web site.
I am going to look for them know ,Thank you

Memike, Addco makes a 1 1/8" front bar specifically for the 63 to 66 A bodies. Part number 751 in the catalog I have. I bought a set of front & rear bars from a seller on eBay a couple of years ago for about $170 delivered. I think the seller was SRCORN or something similar to that.

To feel a good improvement should I do the rear first or front like RedFish said. Thank you again. looks like they have them :cheers:

Mike, I got those numbers from a Jegs book, I'm not sure they are the numbers addco uses.

You'll get more bang for you buck by installing a front bar.
A rear bar is a nice compliment to a front bar but a rear bar alone wont make a great difference in handling.

Mike, I got those numbers from a Jegs book, I'm not sure they are the numbers addco uses.
That is the supplier I check to, they have front and rear with a complete instal kit, I figure my little 66 Sedan will handle much better with booth of them on but I will be doing frame connectors to so it will be good and strong.
Witch one would you do first ,front or rear ? Opps Thank you RedFish front it will be :-D Thank you again :happy10:

I did the front first.My car is a "s" car so it already had a sway bar. I got mine from one of the guys, it was really a lot of fun to throw the rear end around! I finished the rear sway this summer and it made the car very neutral handling and the cornering is great. I have some new shocks to try out for the rear this year. Monroe makes a Sensormatic shock with a coil over, I didn't realize they had coils till they came. I'll let you know how they work, the rear springs had been rebuilt 15 years ago and I should replace them. It doesn't sit low, so I'll try these.

i recently seen a rear bar on a 66 i believe it was from PST it had rear mounting like ive never seen,,fit really nice,,

you dont need the factory lower control arms, with the sway bar bracket,if you find a complete kit,tey come with lower brackets that you drill a hold and bolt on,,,we did a scamp,,but needed to put a spot of weld on there bracket,,it came loose a few times

I did the front first.My car is a "s" car so it already had a sway bar. I got mine from one of the guys, it was really a lot of fun to throw the rear end around! I finished the rear sway this summer and it made the car very neutral handling and the cornering is great. I have some new shocks to try out for the rear this year. Monroe makes a Sensormatic shock with a coil over, I didn't realize they had coils till they came. I'll let you know how they work, the rear springs had been rebuilt 15 years ago and I should replace them. It doesn't sit low, so I'll try these.
Thank you Robbie, I hope they work out for you and keep us up dated please:-D

i recently seen a rear bar on a 66 i believe it was from PST it had rear mounting like ive never seen,,fit really nice,,

you dont need the factory lower control arms, with the sway bar bracket,if you find a complete kit,tey come with lower brackets that you drill a hold and bolt on,,,we did a scamp,,but needed to put a spot of weld on there bracket,,it came loose a few times

I will make sure to get my son involved on the install, He is a good welder and douse the dirt track in a chebby know for three years and is having a great time.
Thank you fstfish66

bbbb4 062.jpg

bbbb4 064.jpg

bbbb4 076.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back