sweat!?

-
Come on down this winter when it is too cold up there! Back in here twenties, my little wife and her late hsband managed a 30,000 ac cattle ranch upon the ND-SD border on year, you all can talk Dakota stuff!!!
Was colder and lots more snow then and no electric up here then from what Iv'e been told.
Next winter is putting my car back together but I want to drive it down there and visit when it's done.

Have a good day guys going to work on my car blocking and priming for a few more days before paint.

Here in SE Tx we go to bed, the AC is blowing, ceiling fan and another fan that blows like a hurricane ( big hurricane). I freeze for about 5 minutes. The blood thinner makes me cold I guess so you would think I would d better in the heat and humidity!
Now I read where UV rays are causing heart palpulations or whatever they call it now!

I have come close to dying a few times in my life, I guess the Good Lord put my name in the Book of Life a little further down. Hardly no one is ready to go, but I have had a good life.... just wish I had been better human.
Don't beat yourself up; I was not a very nice person for my first 40 years. Still learning to be nicer. If your name is in the B.o.L, then on J-Day, you'll get credit for all the good things that you did do, and all the bad will be burned up. We can't change yesterday; and we don't know if tomorrow comes, so that just leaves "the now".
But take heart; we are promised 70 years, 80 if by reason of good health; AND the recipe for good health is no secret, but you gotta read the OT. Com'on Lazarus was dead 3 days. Or was it four? Hmmmmm

I'm no fat **** but I do sweat a lot. My Mom did, as did my brothers. The sons took after our Mother in terms of appearance, temperment and sweating.
Working in construction makes it worse but I'm a man so I just deal with it. I do drink a LOT of water and some Gatorade. I'll get cramps in my legs on really hot days. Drinking all the water replenishes the lost water but not the sodium a body needs. A boss suggested drinking Dill pickle juice. It works! I'm 53 and on no medications, no blood pressure issues and everything still works as normal.

Rural Electrification came to Manitoba in the 20s I think. In the late 50s I recall Grandpas farm had a hydro-pole on it with a yardlight, by which I could see the hiway's snowblower coming from the end of the driveway,about an eighth mile away. The snow was higher than the snowblower so I couldn't see the unit until it broke thru, and came on the yard. I remember tobogganing off the barn roof, and with my cousins, around Christmas time building a huge network of caves and igloos. 'course huge is relative; in 1960 I was 7 and probably barely 4 ft tall.
There was a light in the barn, but in the house grandma lit a lamp after the sun got low, so Ima guessing they didn't have hydro in the house. I know they heated with wood, and by morning it was mighty cold in that old log cabin. And in winter, you wanted your guts to be empty before dark cuz it was a long, cold, dark,scary dash to the outhouse if you hadda go.
Every morning somebody had to fetch water from the well. In winter someone had to pour boiling water, the last of yesterdays water, into the pump,and I had to start stroking. My other grandpa had a well under the kitchen, and an inside pump. I much preferred to visit there,lol. I got loaned out as slave labor, but I never knew better, nor did they ever overwork me, nor did I ever resent it; it was just part of life.
I don't remember sweating,lol.
Fun times.

I'm no fat **** but I do sweat a lot. My Mom did, as did my brothers. The sons took after our Mother in terms of appearance, temperment and sweating.
Working in construction makes it worse but I'm a man so I just deal with it. I do drink a LOT of water and some Gatorade. I'll get cramps in my legs on really hot days. Drinking all the water replenishes the lost water but not the sodium a body needs. A boss suggested drinking Dill pickle juice. It works! I'm 53 and on no medications, no blood pressure issues and everything still works as normal.

I drink dill pickle juice occasionally when cramps are the worst, potassium pills help a lot too.
Maybe an occasional brewsky after a satisfying day .

I drink dill pickle juice occasionally when cramps are the worst, potassium pills help a lot too.
Maybe an occasional brewsky after a satisfying day .
I have done the dill pickle thing (works) when I could get legs cranks, usually from too much time n the saddle, sometimes from building onto the shed, the roof tin thing and going up/own the ladder in my older age. When I was a kid and working outside all day , salt tablets were the thing and Ma telling me NOT to get a heat stroke and die.

I have done the dill pickle thing (works) when I could get legs cranks, usually from too much time n the saddle, sometimes from building onto the shed, the roof tin thing and going up/own the ladder in my older age. When I was a kid and working outside all day , salt tablets were the thing and Ma telling me NOT to get a heat stroke and die.

Yeah , nothing like a hand dug cast iron rough in , on a 100 plus degree day . GATORADE !

Just the opposite up here at 40 below and working out side you get frost bite not sun burn and run in the house for a cup of hot chocolate.

A banana or two a week, plus about a quart or two of milk a day, keeps my muscle cramps away, and allows me to chuck 4500 to 5000 pounds of garbage onto the company trailer every Wednesday morning, and nearly a 1000 pounds of recyclables every Thursday morning, cramp-free. The trailer sides are about 6ft high.
I don't drink nearly as much water as some of you guys, but most of the time our mornings start out at maybe 50* and the temp doesn't spike until about 4pm. By noon when I finish it might only be 75/80 . During those 4 hours I might drink a pint and a half,never a quart.
I gotta have my bananas.

In summer it seems like I'm living in the Garden of Eden, but winters I could do without

Just the opposite up here at 40 below and working out side you get frost bite not sun burn and run in the house for a cup of hot chocolate.
I had a couple fingers get some frost bite I guess years back, when they would get cold up in Missouri, it felt like someone jabbing an ice pick in them continually! Least it never gets cold in SE Tx!

One guy I worked for sent me and my helper out one day, to do a commercial rough in , it was around 5-10 degrees, with a bout a 40 mph wind out of the north , nothing real unusual. Not a tree or anything in site to block the wind, ground was frozen so hard and deep the back hoe couldn`t break thru it . Thee boss sent me to buy a couple of picks, thank GOD there wasn`t any to be had. We like to froze what time we were out there.
Worked for a place called L-M plumbing when I came back from Cal. , got put inside one time in 4 yrs there. Boss couldn`t understand why I quit for less $$$ . You can ride a good horse to death !

One guy I worked for sent me and my helper out one day, to do a commercial rough in , it was around 5-10 degrees, with a bout a 40 mph wind out of the north , nothing real unusual. Not a tree or anything in site to block the wind, ground was frozen so hard and deep the back hoe couldn`t break thru it . Thee boss sent me to buy a couple of picks, thank GOD there wasn`t any to be had. We like to froze what time we were out there.
Worked for a place called L-M plumbing when I came back from Cal. , got put inside one time in 4 yrs there. Boss couldn`t understand why I quit for less $$$ . You can ride a good horse to death !
Yea hard to work in the cold or heat give me 70* and I'm happy.

A banana or two a week, plus about a quart or two of milk a day, keeps my muscle cramps away, and allows me to chuck 4500 to 5000 pounds of garbage onto the company trailer every Wednesday morning, and nearly a 1000 pounds of recyclables every Thursday morning, cramp-free. The trailer sides are about 6ft high.
I don't drink nearly as much water as some of you guys, but most of the time our mornings start out at maybe 50* and the temp doesn't spike until about 4pm. By noon when I finish it might only be 75/80 . During those 4 hours I might drink a pint and a half,never a quart.
I gotta have my bananas.

In summer it seems like I'm living in the Garden of Eden, but winters I could do without
Damn AJ your older than me how can you work like that.
Been awhile since I talked to you hope all is well at home and would enjoy visiting you sometime soon.

I had a couple fingers get some frost bite I guess years back, when they would get cold up in Missouri, it felt like someone jabbing an ice pick in them continually! Least it never gets cold in SE Tx!
You can take a cup of hot coffee outside at 40 below and throw it in the air and will turn to ice particles before it hits the ground.
I can't stand the high humidity I can't take enough cloths off to compensate but the cold I can bundle up real good.

Damn AJ your older than me how can you work like that.
Been awhile since I talked to you hope all is well at home and would enjoy visiting you sometime soon.
I got a spare bedroom with clean sheets, com'on up
That goes for all you old farts.
We'll arm wrestle for who pays for the chicken and taters.

I got a spare bedroom with clean sheets, com'on up
That goes for all you old farts.
We'll arm wrestle for who pays for the chicken and taters.
Looks like I'll pay for the chicken and taters as long as I don't have to cook you'll be alive the next day. lol

hope all is well at home and would enjoy visiting you sometime soon.
All is well, I am blessed;
blessed in the coming in, and blessed in the going out. My fields are plump, and the wife enjoys the wine; and none of the diseases of the Gentiles can take root in me, because I know my rights as a believer with the promise of having the right to become a son of God. And if perchance something slips in, I know how to get rid of it, the instruction manual goes with me almost everywhere I go.
So come on up and we'll compare notes.

All is well, I am blessed;
blessed in the coming in, and blessed in the going out. My fields are plump, and the wife enjoys the wine; and none of the diseases of the Gentiles can take root in me, because I know my rights as a believer with the promise of having the right to become a son of God. And if perchance something slips in, I know how to get rid of it, the instruction manual goes with me almost everywhere I go.
So come on up and we'll compare notes.
Gonna have to put up with me sometime my passport is still good and plan on using it. this year is shot as doing anything got to go see my mom in Washington State before she forgets she has a son.

Family first, I hear ya; no sweat,lol
Gonna paint my car soon so if you can get your butt down here and stay a few days.
I still have a kid at home so hard to get away this year.

I have a bigger bedroom with two queen beds in it, and an adjoining bathroom, nothing fancy mind you, but the drywall is still hanging on the ceiling. I could take the spare and I'll send the wife away on holiday,lol.
But momma first, you never know how much time you have left with her. And Lord willing , my house will still be standing next year.

I have a bigger bedroom with two queen beds in it, and an adjoining bathroom, nothing fancy mind you, but the drywall is still hanging on the ceiling. I could take the spare and I'll send the wife away on holiday,lol.
But momma first, you never know how much time you have left with her. And Lord willing , my house will still be standing next year.
**** AJ could care less about guest rooms I would be happy sleeping in the yard with the dog.
Not about a comfy place it's about friends and bullshitting that I care about. And yea I have no wife and makes it hard I know for staying with friends and that's why I stay home.

-
Back