Swinging for Divorce…

-

DentalDart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My other build thread has over 170 pages so I figured I should start a new disaster for the new dart. My son wanted it and it was a good deal so here we are… wife said not to spend to much… but this thing will probably cost me a fortune.

1969 LM23P, dash vin present, matching body vins on rear quarters , but no matching motor/trans, no fender tag (big unfortunate) and no build sheet.

Has a newly rebuilt never fired 400 motor, new TCI 727 transmission, new 8.75 (haven’t inspected gears and don’t know if it has sure grip or not)

Currently has 0 rust, yes 0 rust. New AMD quarter replacements front and rear, majority of body work has been done, and car was sand blasted I think. Undercoating is all newly redone. Engine bay was done and sprayed copper, T5.

Has more new parts than I know what to do with. New Trim, new window trim, new bumpers, new seat foams, new gts seat covers, new gts vinyl stripe (I think he wanted to do a gts clone), has new carpet, door interior panels, headlight and tai light assemblies, new front and rear windshields, and many more. Lots of new bolts for all kinds of ****.

first order of business was picking it up and letting my son pay the man. Well technically the kind gentleman towed it to my house in his enclosed trailer. I’m sure I left stuff in his shop, but is it stuff I need or stuff that I would have replaced anyways?

Second order of business was organizing everything. Then hanging the front fenders and hood (gotta work on the hood still). Got some new door hinges so those will be put on next week along with the trunk.

Then if everything goes on nicely and lines up well… my son wants to paint it…. Looking at Q4 or Q5. Haven’t decided yet but he will be happy.

Anyways enjoy the pictures.

1DA3D941-D87A-4EB6-8F57-F9748CBD05F0.jpeg

8F8AB1B7-48EE-4B0F-85C6-1F0ADB0ED91E.jpeg

635389AF-3EE2-44C7-A8DA-1D6EC094820B.jpeg

187FEA27-1EB7-4838-A989-6712CBD8089B.jpeg

1159CA7D-CE61-4B41-AE65-BB8C680D193C.jpeg

EE341C02-6265-4AD1-B469-5F8EA36217C1.jpeg

B178A4CE-13A0-4B1A-8C4F-FC63E2B21B9D.jpeg

BB9B1521-6985-4FF0-827E-849CD4D1930D.jpeg

E086EAA5-795D-4F2F-BCA8-10F04413CAC7.jpeg

D91329F9-6F6E-4733-B79C-3682A5DF0C45.png

Cleaned some of the engine bay to get a good picture of the paint and the condition of the paint…

35C0A540-2895-463B-AD4D-1980CE1C4B59.jpeg

106C6C6F-70CE-48A9-A7CC-57035E17B4A9.jpeg

284F1319-EE13-4C65-9DBA-1DB689CE66E1.jpeg

AEA0BCE8-2114-497F-BDC5-C2D1F7D67ED8.jpeg

3BD4B74A-64D4-4F30-AB4C-177E818A5C44.jpeg

3BCF0A9F-62FE-434D-AB9B-3CF1F99FE92D.jpeg

880B4C20-E2E4-4FF7-A0E7-E77BC262C1C5.jpeg

0EFB7E66-1991-4956-BAA4-D84023761620.jpeg

8E4FD7A4-E583-44A0-A2DC-EBC387488CDF.jpeg

15956943-BCDF-4CD6-8A67-6C7835F36861.jpeg

Hey Doc, if the seller is willing to back ang get EVERYTHING you can. You never know what you might need till you start assembly. Little nuts and bolts and screws can be a pain in the *** to locate.

Also old warn out parts might not be reproduced so you have no option but to repair them.

Trust me DO NOT THROW ANYTHING AWAY.

mopars leave no man behind!

Hey Doc, if the seller is willing to back ang get EVERYTHING you can. You never know what you might need till you start assembly. Little nuts and bolts and screws can be a pain in the *** to locate.

Also old warn out parts might not be reproduced so you have no option but to repair them.

Trust me DO NOT THROW ANYTHING AWAY.

mopars leave no man behind!

Problem is I don’t know what I don’t have until I need it… hence door hinges, I think I saw em in a box in one of the pictures. Same thing with the sway bar and so on. I just hate lugging junk around. Lol.

Here’s some pics. The deal was all dart parts to put the car together I could have but I didn’t want the motors or transmissions or anything. I don’t have room for it anyways.

DEB1E91A-9B91-447F-A058-592707ADF24C.jpeg

BBDE1C68-424F-4E73-BE48-0EBE43BDC85F.jpeg

41DF18C4-BAFB-4C59-B811-4BBE1F3BA3F9.jpeg

The parts you get now won't cost you later.

Get over there and pick pick pick....

Looks very much like a 68 Charger R/T deal my friend got from a former co-worker, who was moving. Super nice original car, body work done, LOT's of super nice extra parts came with the car including a 2nd gen HEMI! I don't know what he paid for it, but it must have been a good deal. You got a very good starting point with that Dart. A GOOD "investment" in my opinion.

I always loved that color with a black Bumblebee stripe. Looks great. I think you will regret leaving parts behind. JMO. The parts you don't use you can sell for parts you do need.

Doc, as mentioned earlier "get everything you can". You won't know if you need "it" until the last second, and then you'll be kicking yourself in the butt because "it" isn't in your stash of parts and pieces. A lot of members here have had to scrape and scrounge to find little things to finish our projects, especially if we were going for authenticity. You are NOT lugging stuff around, you are making sure you have "all" of the parts and pieces to finish the car for your son. Being anal about organization is a "good" thing. Even if you have duplicates, do not, I repeat do not sell it or trade it until you are 99.99% done with the car. Make shelf space, "bag and tag" everything, nit to mention clearly label all boxes as to the contents.

Doc, as mentioned earlier "get everything you can". You won't know if you need "it" until the last second, and then you'll be kicking yourself in the butt because "it" isn't in your stash of parts and pieces. A lot of members here have had to scrape and scrounge to find little things to finish our projects, especially if we were going for authenticity. You are NOT lugging stuff around, you are making sure you have "all" of the parts and pieces to finish the car for your son. Being anal about organization is a "good" thing. Even if you have duplicates, do not, I repeat do not sell it or trade it until you are 99.99% done with the car. Make shelf space, "bag and tag" everything, nit to mention clearly label all boxes as to the contents.
Never a truer word spoken :thumbsup:

Looks very much like a 68 Charger R/T deal my friend got from a former co-worker, who was moving. Super nice original car, body work done, LOT's of super nice extra parts came with the car including a 2nd gen HEMI! I don't know what he paid for it, but it must have been a good deal. You got a very good starting point with that Dart. A GOOD "investment" in my opinion.

eh. I’m not so sure of it being an “investment” lol these cars still cost more to rebuild then they sell for.

But the true investment is in the memories we make right?!

Ok I’ll see about getting ahold of him to get some parts. It’s hard to say what I do and don’t need to put this thing back together though.

I need seats, I need a woodgrain steering wheel, I need headlights, I need a trunk mat lol. I also need shocks and my rear springs moved to be able to run 275s. Those things were definitely not in the parts piles.

Oh there were some rear drums and some front calipers that go to this car. I’m doing 4 wheel disc though.

Get them sell them, reduce your overall cost.

AND....

make a fellow enthusiast happy to be able to keep their car on the road a little longer.

It's a WIN WIN WIN!

Swinging for Divorce, Darting for Divorce....As far as Divorce, annoy your wife then she is glad you are out in garage wrenching on car and not bugging her. Hopefully dentist practice takes off get more money for car parts and give money to wife so she can go shopping.

Swinging for Divorce, Darting for Divorce....As far as Divorce, annoy your wife then she is glad you are out in garage wrenching on car and not bugging her. Hopefully dentist practice takes off get more money for car parts and give money to wife so she can go shopping.
or better still buy her a convertible dart project, surely that's a win win? :lol:

Get them sell them, reduce your overall cost.

AND....

make a fellow enthusiast happy to be able to keep their car on the road a little longer.

It's a WIN WIN WIN!

I’ve tried giving parts away before and no go. We will see what happens with them, maybe I’ll see if I can get some.

-
Back