synthetic oil

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
what brand of synthetic oil are u guys running in ur r/b strokers ?

Not sure where I read it but apparently, when you disassemble a lot of the Mopar Small block engines that used synthetic oil from the factory (318/360) , even with high mileage , you can still see crosshatch marks on the cylinder walls. Impressive!

Not sure where I read it but apparently, when you disassemble a lot of the Mopar Small block engines that used synthetic oil from the factory (318/360) , even with high mileage , you can still see crosshatch marks on the cylinder walls. Impressive!
Yes the magnums have better machining, fuel injection, and metric rings.all of which contributes to less cylinder wear

The engine setup will determine what oil is best for you. Many off the shelf synthetic oils will not have the additives required to keep your engine happy. I personally use Brad Penn which is a partial synthetic in my solid roller cam stroker setup....zero issues so far

years ago i used Amzoil in a warm 340 Duster that i have since sold.It was pricy and i soon went back to Dino oil.
5W30 Penzoil in all my vehicles.

years ago i used Amzoil in a warm 340 Duster that i have since sold.It was pricy and i soon went back to Dino oil.
5W30 Penzoil in all my vehicles.
I had the new pennzoil synthetyic in it , got the pan off, everything looks great, but the magnetic drain plug had more sludgy looking stuff than ever before.
Wiped it off w/ fingers , nothing there , but did stick to the magnet . Think I`ll go amsoil --

I had the new pennzoil synthetyic in it , got the pan off, everything looks great, but the magnetic drain plug had more sludgy looking stuff than ever before.
Wiped it off w/ fingers , nothing there , but did stick to the magnet . Think I`ll go amsoil --
Amsoil is quality oil and I've used it since the late 90's in all my engines. My son has an older Toyota Corolla with over 200K that blew a head gasket. He has used Amsoil in it since it was new. Tore the head off and it and the cylinder walls looked new. Amsoil is not inexpensive, but it consistently has earned the highest rating from independent lab testing against other manufacturers.

-
Back