T56 lower bellhousing support

-

cu440da

Reaction score
What have you guys used or seen to support the lower half of the Quicktime bellhousing? I have been meaning to add some support- the block plate doesnt seem enough to me.

I saw someone use the trans support brackets that bolt to the two holes along each side of the block at the rear, but cant find that info anymore and the dealers diagrams dont show them anywhere that the local parts guy could find.

I've never used anything. Probably 400 hp with the last motor and never had an issue; of course that was a Lakewood and a 4-speed. I'm hoping to have 600-650 hp this time, with a T56, and still don't plan to use anything.

I've looked at quite a few stick cars at the track and never noticed anyone else doing any different.

Factory tr6060 applications used bosses that are part of the oil pan. My '12 and '14 hemi pickup trucks have a bracket that mounts in there, not sure if it'll be the same pattern as the bellhousing. For what it's worth, when I switched to a truck pan I never worried about it. Lower half unsupported. No problems, running high 10s in a 4000 lb Jeep.

The dowels are handling the torsion, the bolts are just holding the parts together. I don't see a need for further reinforcement.

-
Back