Tail Light Housing Gaskets

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Who sells the black plastic/rubber gaskets that go between the tail light housings and body on a 64 Valiant? I have all the foam ones, but I would like the new body gaskets. Thanks.

I have and they do not offer them. Thanks.

I'm not sure if you contacted them or just looked at their website, but I'd give them a call if you can't find them anywhere else. The gentleman that runs that business (can't recall his name) is a REALLY nice guy and has been known to have folks ship him parts and/or old gaskets in order for him to do what he does to remake the gaskets. Might be another option if you can't find them. Good luck finding them!

I'm not sure if you contacted them or just looked at their website, but I'd give them a call if you can't find them anywhere else. The gentleman that runs that business (can't recall his name) is a REALLY nice guy and has been known to have folks ship him parts and/or old gaskets in order for him to do what he does to remake the gaskets. Might be another option if you can't find them. Good luck finding them!

Thanks. That's all I did was look on their site. I'll give him a call next week.

I would also check with Dante's mopar parts, super helpful and nice guy.

How does one install these plastic "gaskets". Did the factory use any sealer or anything in between the body and the plastic or how do restorers commonly do it nowadays? Thank you.

Mopar A Body 64-65 Barracuda Taillight Housing Plastic Bezel Gaskets

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 12.07.57 PM.png

tail light 1.JPG

They go on like the door handle gaskets. I put the seal on the housing then bolt it all together on the car, no sealant.

I wonder if the make them for a 66.....they are very hard to find for a 66, mine are decent but people are always looking for those, they were also attached to the tail light bezel and the plastic tabs were melted or kind of “riveted” on...dang one year only stuff lol

-
Back