Tail lights an dash lights

-

Painter

Reaction score
Headlights are working no parking lights,no tail lights, or side marker lights. The dash cluster lights are not working but the gear selector light is along with the A/C heater controls light. I can jump the wires at headlight switch connector an get the tail lights an side marker lights working. The headlight switch is new does this sound like a turn signal switch?

sounds like a fuse, the dash lights and the tail lights are on the same circuit

Blown fuse. If you keep blowing fuses there are several things going on. If you blow a fuse when using the turn signal them you have a short in the steering column. 9 times out of ten it's the canceling cam. Sometimes they are replaced and the wired are just pinched together and wraped in electrical tape. The tape wears off exposing the wires. Also check you connection at the base of the steering column. if that works loose it can also cause a short.

dart4forte said:
Blown fuse. If you keep blowing fuses there are several things going on. If you blow a fuse when using the turn signal them you have a short in the steering column. 9 times out of ten it's the canceling cam. Sometimes they are replaced and the wired are just pinched together and wraped in electrical tape. The tape wears off exposing the wires. Also check you connection at the base of the steering column. if that works loose it can also cause a short.

E-mail me, we'll do a walk through and see what we can do for ya :read2:

my 68 val had all lights except heads go out while i was driving home .
engine runs good , no other problems.
the fuses are good.
where do i look next????

-
Back