Tamco paint - bad customer service

-

ESP47

Reaction score
Just want to give you guys a warning about Tamco.

Let me start off by saying that their products are actually really good for the price. I've been nothing but satisfied with their primers, basecoats and clears.

With that said, their customer service is awful. I ordered a dark gray Porsche color from Tamco and the paint they sent me was about 15 shades lighter than what the real color is supposed to be. It was closer to a standard gray primer color than a dark gray.

Contacted Tamco and they told me they have a disclaimer right on their site that says they don't guarantee color matches. I told them this wasn't a spot repair, but that I was planning on painting the whole car this color and that the color was not nearly close enough to be an acceptable match. Went round and round with them and they basically just told me I'm SOL because their disclaimer says that they don't guarantee color matching.

I wound up putting in a claim with Paypal, showing them all the pictures I have of what the real color is and the color they sent me. I told them that their disclaimer should not protect them from any type of mistake on their part in the mixing process. Tamco told them that their disclaimer states that they aren't under obligation to match the color perfectly. My question is that how far off is too far off? Well apparently it doesn't matter because Paypal sided with Tamco.

So I went to my credit card company and disputed the charge with them. Gave them the same information and within a week they gave me a full refund.

It sucks because I like their products but I will never buy anything from them again. They take zero responsibility for their errors and tried to leave me holding the bag on a basecoat and reducer that were essentially useless to me because their color wasn't even remotely the same as the one I was expecting. I don't know how credit card disputes go but I hope they extracted the money from Tamco and didn't just eat it themselves. Terrible customer service and I would recommend never using them unless you want to risk winding up with B5 blue when you ordered B7.

Pic is of the color on a spray out card, with some of the Tamco basecoat dabbed on the corner and a color chip of the real color.

IMG_20220815_154426482_HDR.jpg

I can understand from the point that some people will just nitpick something to death if it isn't perfect to them, but this isn't even in the same ballpark as what it's supposed to be. I would think that after seeing the massive difference in ordered vs recieved that they would want to make it right.

Thanks for bringing their CS to our attention. That color isn't even remotely close other than it being a gray. I will make sure when I'm ready to paint my Barracuda I will not even consider using them.

Even though they do not mix custom colors for paint match, you will get just the opposite experience with Southern Polyurethane Inc. They sell the best epoxy primer, 2K primer and clear coat in the business! They also have generic colors, even though they don't mix paint to match. They will bend over backwards to help you after the sale.

For OEM colors, try TCP Global. I have had good luck with them for years. Yes I agree with SPI ^^^ for primers and clears.

-
Back