Tame my 4-speed Stroker....

-
Yes it activates off the line lock button, then you release the line lock button. Then the micro switch I have on the clutch pedal turns on the two step and keeps the line lock engaged till you release the clutch. I have a red light under the shift light that comes on when the micro switch for the two step is on. that way I know at a quick glance that its set.

Yes it activates off the line lock button, then you release the line lock button. Then the micro switch I have on the clutch pedal turns on the two step and keeps the line lock engaged till you release the clutch. I have a red light under the shift light that comes on when the micro switch for the two step is on. that way I know at a quick glance that its set.
I usually know when it revs pass where I have it set dammit...:BangHead:

also I noticed I don't know if it's my button and I think I may have it fixed because of the shape of the floorboard but sometimes the two-step doesn't come on the first time? Sometimes I have to ruv it the second time and then it's working?..

The carpet probably really messes with it, Mine is up high on the pedal, works off the pin for the over center spring.

Couple of pics of the micro switch. Not pretty but been working good for 7 years.
0906191434.jpg
0906191438.jpg

I installed a clutch switch on my pedal. Activates once pedal is fully released.
Havent tried it yet so dont know how well it will work.

The best scenario is to have it activate just as the clutch hits,that way the rev limiter isn't still on after the clutch is out.

The best scenario is to have it activate just as the clutch hits,that way the rev limiter isn't still on after the clutch is out.

I cant imagine It will make a difference in the 2/10s of a second it takes the clutch to reach full release. Besides the rpms will drop once clutch is engaged...
Ex: if I set my launch limiter at 3500 it will drop a bit once clutch is released and take longer than the pedal stroke to get back to 3500. By then I am into the max rev limiter step.

I am running the Daytona Sensors CD-1 so I actually have 3 rev limiters ... Burnout/launch / Max RPM

I cant imagine It will make a difference in the 2/10s of a second it takes the clutch to reach full release. Besides the rpms will drop once clutch is engaged...
Ex: if I set my launch limiter at 3500 it will drop a bit once clutch is released and take longer than the pedal stroke to get back to 3500. By then I am into the max rev limiter step.

I am running the Daytona Sensors CD-1 so I actually have 3 rev limiters ... Burnout/launch / Max RPM

That's the way it should be. You don't want the rev limiter on while the clutch is loading the engine. It will cause engine damage. The more power you make, the quicker it will kill parts. Usually Rod bearings.

As soon as you even think about moving your foot the two step should be off.

Well hopefully I'll have a little time this evening and a little time tomorrow afternoon to get this completed. As far as some test hits that would be a couple weeks away at the earliest.

IMG_20190908_194243.jpg

Because the shock pressure bounces off that bracket it seems nice to have it extremely braced and stable I can tell..

Okay now that I have it installed I gave one more call to the vendor and shot my short list of questions. As always Grant was quick to answer the phone or at least quick to get back to me when he could. Extremely informative and friendly. We had one more theory of operation discussion and he was able to completely set me straight on how to get set up and how it operates...thank you Gant...

I got a small actovatian switch I'm going to try and make work on the first gear leaver...

IMG_20190910_121215.jpg

Lol, with my luck I'll forget that little piece of paper up there and will start on fire and burned my car down and YR will get the last laugh....:BangHead:

BTW, of you had the correct clutch, you wouldn't be doing all this work. If you don't push the clutch all the way in to reset the CT it doesn't do anything on the shift. Which is ok (just ok) of you have a clutch less box. But even the clutches guys run a good clutch when the rules allow it, because you can control the hit in the shift.

This is not posted for the benefit of Jpar. He doesn't read my posts.

IMG_20190910_121821.jpg

Well I figured I'd throw him a bone and give him something to talk about I can tell I'm missing dang near every other post. I'm round filing this immediately! LOL...
It was written on the back of a Woodburn Dragstrip schedule so that should scare him away... Lol
I'm willing to forgo the 5% of good information for the 95% of profanity and chest beating...
I'm in my garage actually doing it....

I have to keep a little pressure forward on the shifter, but I do that anyways...
Test good ..:thumbsup:

I am missing the point of the micro switch on the shift lever... what am I missing ?
Please explain again

I am missing the point of the micro switch on the shift lever... what am I missing ?
Please explain again
I wanted the two step only armed in first gear. That way when I go to bang second it doesn't hit the rev limiter that's activated under the clutch pedal..

Which also was discussed as a possible good thing to help shift in between gears...

-
Back