Tanks for overflow and window squirter

-

gdizzle

Reaction score
Currently the radiator overflow tank appears to be some aftermarket thing, and is mounted in place of the Wiper fluid tank. Wiper tank motor is present but tubes are MIA.

Would love to have any help telling me where the radiator tank is supposed to go, and what it should look like.
Also what does the wiper fluid tank look like and how does it mount to the tank motor?

66 6 d dart.

I have looked for pictures but am not finding anything stock-looking.
Also of note, getting ready to replace radiator and the new radiator has overflow output on other side of cap, so it will now need to overflow to the left instead of the right (current)

Attachments

• engine compartment.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 133
Don't think it was an OEM thing in 66 (coolant reservoir). They just puke on the ground. You can certainly add one though. Yours had an electric washer pump or the old foot bulb type that fed from a bag?

I never saw a overflow on a 66 but not saying there never was one. The washer botle goes on the drivers side inner fender near the firewall.

Attachments

• Dike car show 11-4.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 127
my squirter is the motor-type. Where did you get that water tank ? is it just generic or is that the stock unit? part #? thanks and does the water fluid motor sit under the tank or does it go inside the tank?

Attachments

• dec04006.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 111
-
Back