Tank's INC Vent/Rollover Valve

-

68 A

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have new EFI tank from Tanks Inc in my 67 Barracuda. The rollover valve they include states:

"If you are running a vent line it is important that the line is ran higher than the highest point on the tank including the fuel filler neck"

Has anyone used this valve? Only way to get it higher than the filler neck is to put it inside the car, which doesn't seem like a good idea as it would put fumes in the car...

Thanks,
Steve

IMG_4744.JPG

There is nowhere outside the car that would be higher than the fuel inlet.

OEM runs a tube from the top of the filler neck down to inside the frame rail.

I don't see why you could not do the same. The rollover valve will need to be mounted in the correct orientation.

Don't use it if you have the vent in tube. Every time you fill gas will run out under car until it drains below rollover vent. Ask me how I know, Joe

There is nowhere outside the car that would be higher than the fuel inlet.

OEM runs a tube from the top of the filler neck down to inside the frame rail.

I don't see why you could not do the same. The rollover valve will need to be mounted in the correct orientation.

The reason the OEM works is that the filler neck forms a "vacuum break." I you simply run a vent "up" then back down, it will form a siphon, if the tank is full enough

Only way the OEM vent can leak is if the tank is full enough that the level plus a bit of summer warmth will expand and force the fuel overboard. But as soon as it reaches equalibrium, the large filler neck forms a "break" and stops any siphon

I you simply run a vent "up" then back down, it will form a siphon, if the tank is full enough
My point was follow what the OEM did but put the rollover valve on the end in or near the same point in the drain rail

From the tanksinc tank vent, splice into the filler vent in the trunk, as high as you can.
Iirc, they supply a plastic T.
Ditch the rollover valve.

You do not want to vent the tank into the trunk. Fuel fumes + spark = barbequed driver

This is no secret , and I`ve posted it a few times .
U CAN RUN A VENT LINE UP IN THE TRUNK, MAKE TWO COMPLETE CIRCLES/360* LOOPS , BACK DOWN THRU THE FLOOR TO UNDERNETH THE CAR ,WILL WORK IN A ROLL OVER , WILL VENT UR TANK W/O FUMES IN THE CAR , upright or not..
I run one on my 68 fastback , doesnt puke gas out when filling , like the brand new 68 barracuda I had when I was a kid .

This is no secret , and I`ve posted it a few times .
U CAN RUN A VENT LINE UP IN THE TRUNK, MAKE TWO COMPLETE CIRCLES/360* LOOPS , BACK DOWN THRU THE FLOOR TO UNDERNETH THE CAR ,WILL WORK IN A ROLL OVER , WILL VENT UR TANK W/O FUMES IN THE CAR , upright or not..
I run one on my 68 fastback , doesnt puke gas out when filling , like the brand new 68 barracuda I had when I was a kid .
This is what I was going to say. On my 69 Dart the vent line loops above the filler neck inside the trunk then runs thru the filler neck floor pan gasket to the outside. From the factory like this.

vent set up , doesnt puke gas out the filler neck when filling , lika new
This is what I was going to say. On my 69 Dart the vent line loops above the filler neck inside the trunk then runs thru the filler neck floor pan gasket to the outside. From the factory like this.
THE STOCK SET UP ON A 68 FASTBACK DOES TOO, BUT THE NEW ONE I HAD PUKED GAS EVERY TIME I FILLED IT , THE EXTRA VENT W/ THE LOOP STOPS IT .

U CAN RUN A VENT LINE UP IN THE TRUNK, MAKE TWO COMPLETE CIRCLES/360* LOOPS , BACK DOWN THRU THE FLOOR TO UNDERNETH THE CAR ,WILL WORK IN A ROLL OVER , WILL VENT UR TANK W/O FUMES IN THE CAR
Totally agree. I interpreted what I quoted to say vent the tank into the trunk as high as you can. I missed the tap into the OEM vent as high as you can part.

Just to clarify, I'm not venting the tank into the trunk.
There is a vent for the factory fill tube, it runs from the top of the vent tube through the vent tube trunk floor gasket to the outside.
Iirc, mine has a short soft line into a hard line loop, then a soft line out.
I tapped into the short soft line.

i used that same check valve. took it apart, removed the vent portion, and plumbed it into the stock vent line.
here it is mocked up
DSC01439.JPG

68' Valiant 4 door

Just to clarify, I'm not venting the tank into the trunk.
There is a vent for the factory fill tube, it runs from the top of the vent tube through the vent tube trunk floor gasket to the outside.
Iirc, mine has a short soft line into a hard line loop, then a soft line out.
I tapped into the short soft line.

Without photos it's difficult to figure what you are doing/ done.

Well that's alot of info!

So I guess I have 3 spots to vent,

1 The stock filler neck
2 Tanks inc Tank vent
3 Tanks inc Fuel pump vent

Should I just block off or run the vents on the tank and pump to each other and then make a new 2- loop hardline that runs from the stock filler neck?

It's the factory vent connected to the fill tube, there's a short section of rubber hose, run a line up from the tanksinc tank vent to it and put a T fitting, done.

The metal factory loop goes above the filler tube, then down the side of the fill tube, out through the trunk floor gasket, into the frame, venting outside.

Trunk of my car is not accessible at the moment, but this is a factory setup, here's a pic of the factory fill tube, vent line, and rubber hose.

Screenshot_20201118-233316.jpg

It's the factory vent connected to the fill tube, there's a short section of rubber hose, run a line up from the tanksinc tank vent to it and put a T fitting, done.

The metal factory loop goes above the filler tube, then down the side of the fill tube, out through the trunk floor gasket, into the frame, venting outside.

Trunk of my car is not accessible at the moment, but this is a factory setup, here's a pic of the factory fill tube, vent line, and rubber hose.

View attachment 1715632863

Got it, thanks!

-
Back