1. Archeryguy02

Archeryguy02 Member

Local Time:
    1:06 AM
  2. Syleng1

Syleng1 Karma is real and Life is short... FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    4:06 AM
    84821490-98BA-4B8F-BC50-E2E74C59FF00.jpeg D95CD8B7-416F-4AD9-8310-97F2E7A9CA3C.jpeg Yes- I have a tanks inc tank and pump set up for my 66 barracuda.

Powder coated tanks that get bent up by UPS. They recommended a #2 pump for my FI Tech fuel injection. Pretty straight forward. Looks like a factory tank with all the fuel injection needs. So far all is good. Make sure you use the roll over protection valve and mount it properly. Also I added the HD Gm weather pack fitting for ease of removal of need be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Archeryguy02

Archeryguy02 Member

Local Time:
      Syleng1: Thanks for the info, is the car running or still in the build process? Where do I get the HD GM weather pack fitting? Is that strap going from side to side theirs? Would your factory tank straps work?

• Syleng1

Local Time:
      1) car is still in build but tank has been in car and running moving around for 1 year.
      2)I bought the weather pack kit from Amazon. Like 5 males and 5 females and all parts needed for like $13. They have 2 pin up to 10 pins I believe.
      3)that strap is about the 3rd one I bought before I got the correct one. One company sent me dual straps like 67-76 use. One company sent me a strap that had adjustable holes. This one was an EBay crap shoot but matched up to factory strap but was not rusty.
      It fit well!

Again- the chrome/ galvanized powder coating is good but UPS dropped it a few times and tweaked the corners. Breaking the power coating seal. I had to cut back the pealing edges and clear coat it and it is fine.

• dgibby

dgibby Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      2:06 AM
      I have one in my 68 Dart with the GPA-2 pump.
      Fits just like a factory tank. He can hear the pump but nothing like the FiTech external pump that I did have. Making a connector is a great idea, was tight trying to wire up the sender and the access door that they offer would end up right in the middle of a pinch weld.

• khuebner250

khuebner250 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Mine's installed just not running yet, soon though. I did their walbro 255 added a LS filter for Holley EFI. It's in a '68 notchback with a vented fuel tube, so I connected the tank and pump vent together.

IMG_20180401_085711688.jpg

IMG_20180401_085651678.jpg

• Like Like x 2
      • 65 Dartman

65 Dartman FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
        Great info guys!

• Agree Agree x 1
        • Syleng1

Local Time:
          External fuel pumps are nice but no cooling and noisy as they transmit vibration thru frame rail. Good for the budget though.

• khuebner250

khuebner250 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          Pump is in the tanksinc fuel tank. The pic is of the LS filter/regulator.

• famous bob

famous bob mopar misfit FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
          3:06 AM
          Mine don't, isn`t that noisy, dam near have to listen for it , cant hear it once the engine starts. Don't have it on the frame rail , and it came w/ rubber insolaters. ''FAST 2.0 SYSTEM "
          If it went bad, it can be changed w/o dropping the tank, which I don`t much care to do anymore .

• Syleng1

Local Time:
          Nice! I like the pump in the tank for my personal taste famous bob. If yours is quiet and easier for you to get out and possibly easier to get a replacement pump for if you break down. That’s awesome. I know mine will go after a full fill up of fuel. Lol!

• Syleng1

Local Time:
          Sorry- that looks like. Frame mounted pump. My apologies I zoomed in and it was a filter with a return. Thanks for the clarification. Joe

• Archeryguy02

Archeryguy02 Member

Local Time:
          Bob, what brand of pump do you have and where did you put it? One of the reasons I am considering this one is I bought an upright style Carter and cant find a place I really want to put it.

• dgibby

dgibby Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          This is why I changed to the Tanks Inc system. This is the standard FiTech external pump I ran with the Holley Sniper system. The one with the door open is it priming and the other is my 408 with 3 inch exhaust dumped at the rear axle idling. The pump is so loud you can barely hear the engine. They warrantied the pump and the second was just as bad.
          Fuel pump

• famous bob

Local Time:
          I don't have a pic, but it`s the pump that came w/ the complete FAST 2.0 f. inj. system . I have not a clue what brand it is , "hope I never need to know " . lol
          I have it mounted sideways as close to the tank as poss. to get a filter between it and the tank, I think I mounted it on the bracing for the trunk floor in back on the crossbrace , close to the bumper if
          I remember right ---Been a while , I`ll have to look .
          I know from the fast website , I don't ever want to buy one from them, I looked and it was really hi ------
          I recently changed my "before pump" filters , to a 100 micron single , had to change my dual feed set up a little , to a tee instead of a y - cant tell any diff in anything.
          If I can get a decent pic, will try to post it , still having a little troubke with that tho. My p.c. jumps around a lot and is slow -------------

• racerjoe

racerjoe Well-Known Member

Local Time:

I have the tank, their pump, sending unit, and "corvette" filter/regulator. I have about 400 miles on it with a custom port injection setup. Everything works great so far. The pump can be hear for the 3 seconds it runs when you turn the key, but once the engine is running it can't be heard.
          The level sensor did get stuck down when I first filled the car up and I was pissed I would have to drop the tank to get to it, but after an initial test drive, it freed up and now it works fine.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019 at 7:47 AM
        • jbc426

jbc426 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          I used a stock tank, modified my sending unit to hold the Deatsch Werks 275 lph pump and circulate the fuel from those through a front mounted surge tank with a high-pressure pump inside it.

Provides cavitation free fuel down to the last gallon in the tank on a road course, drag strip or spirited driving on the open road.

Sending unit mod 3.jpg

Sending unit mod 2.jpg

eng5 (Large).png

• famous bob

Local Time:
          U just described my ext. inline pump , after the car starts , cant hear it . No problems tho-----

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
          By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.