TCI vs. Cope

-
Now this is some funny ****...... Tools? You only need about 6 different standard hand tools to tear a TF Trans apart. Do some research on the subject.

The only person that will be $$ ahead is the shop who took your hard earned $$ for the same thing you could have done yourself for 25% of the price! And you will know Exactly what is in it and how it operates in the process.

I have said this over and over again. If you can put Lego's together....... You can build a TF Trans with ease.

Come on! I'm sure you have experience and know your stuff. Not to disparage Rick "fnaramore", but I don't think he's quite ready to go there just yet. What happens when it possibly malfunctions and he has to go back into it? My one full attempt was a C6.....I followed all the instructions & used the factory manual, but it never was right. I must have missed something somewhere? That's when I decided to let someone with more experience handle it for me. I'd rather do the engine, tuning, and driving, then messing with the trans. I understand the $$$ involved, but for some of us, it's just easier to get it done.

Come on! I'm sure you have experience and know your stuff. Not to disparage Rick "fnaramore", but I don't think he's quite ready to go there just yet. What happens when it possibly malfunctions and he has to go back into it? My one full attempt was a C6.....I followed all the instructions & used the factory manual, but it never was right. I must have missed something somewhere? That's when I decided to let someone with more experience handle it for me. I'd rather do the engine, tuning, and driving, then messing with the trans. I understand the $$$ involved, but for some of us, it's just easier to get it done.

I agree that for some it is easier to have it done. I enjoy messing with my own stuff and like to have knowledge of everything that is done to my car.

Nope, no Trans experience. The one in my Scamp is the first one I've ever done. I was like most though before I did it. It's too difficult, there is voodoo magic involved etc , these thoughts are so far from the truth it's not even funny!

Engines are WAY harder to build than a TF Trans is all I can say.... I'll swear to it in court!

Doing a classic Rick 180 here guys..... Gonna rebuild it lol just safe myself money and all plus if company's get to name their rebuilt trans's, I feel I have the right to deem mine the official "Naramore power express" hahah XD still would highly recommend CRT just off of customer service

Glad to read this, you'll be happy you did it yourself and saved $$$$ and added pride. And like Louis states below, you don't need anything special except a press for bearings. This was my excuse to buy a little 12 ton press, and I'm still money ahead.

Now this is some funny ****...... Tools? You only need about 6 different standard hand tools to tear a TF Trans apart. Do some research on the subject.

The only person that will be $$ ahead is the shop who took your hard earned $$ for the same thing you could have done yourself for 25% of the price! And you will know Exactly what is in it and how it operates in the process.

I have said this over and over again. If you can put Lego's together....... You can build a TF Trans with ease.

Well said!

Took me a bit to talk Mad Dart into doing his own TF transmissions. I think he's glad that he did now. Once you pull back the wizards curtain, it's really underwhelming.

Too bad a SoCal local named Butch isn't still doing this stuff, he'd build a trans for 100-200 + parts just to stay busy. He had a bunch of stuff in circulation including some low 9 second cars.

I won't touch a ford transmission... headache. Done some TH400/350 and PG's.

The toughest deal is compressing that spring in the drum. About the only special tool needed and can be made very easily. Don't need any slide hammer to remove front pump. Basic hand tools get it done in most every case.

For me it's the "give a man a fish or teach him to fish." These TF's we use are cake to build. There's really nothing to them.

Took me a bit to talk Mad Dart into doing his own TF transmissions. I think he's glad that he did now. Once you pull back the wizards curtain, it's really underwhelming.

Too bad a SoCal local named Butch isn't still doing this stuff, he'd build a trans for 100-200 + parts just to stay busy. He had a bunch of stuff in circulation including some low 9 second cars.

I won't touch a ford transmission... headache. Done some TH400/350 and PG's.

The toughest deal is compressing that spring in the drum. About the only special tool needed and can be made very easily. Don't need any slide hammer to remove front pump. Basic hand tools get it done in most every case.

For me it's the "give a man a fish or teach him to fish." These TF's we use are cake to build. There's really nothing to them.

Yes I was majorly against it....... Took me awhile to pull the trigger and try on my own. I am super glad that I did. Easy as heck, I can't stress it enough to the guys on the fence. If I can do it you can too. If you built an engine, this is 1000% Easier than an engine!

I had mine out of the car in 1 hour and it was ALL tore apart in chronological order in the next hour. I thought DAMN that was too easy.......So what I did next is ....... I put the whole damn thing back together in 45 Minutes. Then I tore it apart again and then cleaned all the parts and ordered what was needed to do the job. My fear was gone that quick.

Thank guys for all the kind words. Anyone want a free CRT Catalog, just PM me your name and full address.

10363126_585556311560489_7370238696266711791_n.jpg

1011135_405148092934646_573455949_n.jpg

423230_184394801676644_1451822384_n.jpg

389454_115018381947620_1100036717_n.jpg

398925_363296320453157_11275485_n.jpg

10487847_10203108889556383_1053600143_n.jpg

-
Back