Tears in Calgary

-

Jason Cunningham

Reaction score
One of my sons close friends DROWNED while swimming near CANMORE, Alberta, yesterday. He swam out to help a female friend who was having her own troubles in the river, and went under the water himself. He never resurfaced. He was always one of our favourite kids who came to visit our son. Polite, positive, and a real pleasure to be around. His name was TAYLOR. He was 21 years old. Our son DYLAN came home from work a half an hour ago. Never been so glad to see him.

That is so sad, hope your son is doing ok, must be tough to lose a friend...prayers sent

There has been many drownings this summer, so many - every week seems like a dozen happens - week after week.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...sionate-surgeon-and-one-pediatric-surgeon-liu

A doctor from Chicago went up to the beach in Michigan for his 50th birthday, around 10 am he seen 2 kids crying for help, he got them out but ended up drowning. I have a pool here and believe I'm a great swimmer and diver and was thinking of going to the beach, his death and many others around there got me too scared to go. I'm not joking, maybe the rip currents are really bad this summer from the hot temps.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...sionate-surgeon-and-one-pediatric-surgeon-liu

Dr. Donald Liu, a pediatric surgeon at University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital, dedicated himself to helping children.

On Sunday morning, Liu died while saving two youths struggling in the waters of Lake Michigan off a small beach in Michigan about 90 miles from Chicago, authorities said.

Once in Mexico I went in the ocean and the waves crashing ashore prevent me from walking out. There was so much water rushing back from the shoreline I could not make it back in, I kept trying and trying then a bit a big wave knock me right down. Got sand in my ears, hair, nose. I was pissed off..and getting worry. I decided to swim out to where the water was calmer- no big waves way off shore and then I started to swim to shore as fast as I could and try staying with a wave developing, it got me far enough in that I could stand knee high deep and I was able to walk out. Later on I noticed the red flags, lol

You gotta be careful saving people, sometimes they might hang on to you for dear life and refuse to let go when they are unable to save themselves and pull you down with them.

Let this be a warning, it could happen to U

Sorry to hear about your loss. I will be thinking of Taylor and his family in my prayers.

sorry to hear about that :( there seems to be stuff like that happening all the time up that way lately. I live in red deer and try to go up that way as much as i can cause it is such a nice spot, really sucks to hear the bad news

^some guys at work today were just talking about how nice it is around there- sorry to hear the sad news, Jason.

Sorry to hear this. Bless those who are affected. An old saying, kind of cliche, "Only The GOOD Die Young". Sad, but it does seem that it is so true though. May God bless Taylor for his selfless, kindhearted effort.

That is so sad. My sympathies. Been a lot of that sort of thing in the Spokane area this summer, too.

What a shame to loose your life so young when it is just beginning to get good...

My sympathy to all family and friends.

-
Back