Tech Advice for Camber Adjustments

-
that thin? 1/2 billet steel is to thin? the spacers are for bumpsteer, the rack is on the inside of the actual wheel.
my driver side is near perfectly aligned. turning radius is exactly as the original torsion setup was. akerman angle everyone speaks of is fine even better than most modern cars today.

this only needs to last the summer anyways. going spindles/struts over winter to gain much needed extention travel. 5in suck for street racing on small tires.

I know the spacers are for bumpsteer. If you need a 3" tall spacer, it means you did it wrong. Period. The angles on that rack are not acceptable in any way, shape or form.

Also, I don't see what the issue is with 5" of suspension travel. From the factory these cars only had about 5.5" of suspension travel.

update...it aligned perfect with ease on a digital rack even. thanks yall.

Static alignment doesn't address Ackerman angle. It certainly doesn't check bumpsteer. And just because the numbers are ok when it's standing still doesn't mean it's safe to drive.

That rack is a disaster waiting to happen. There's a reason every rack and pinion conversion that's worth a turd is attached to a full K-frame replacement coil-over conversion that includes non-Mopar spindles. It's because that's the only way to get it done safely.

Last edited:
lets talk next spring and you can try n **** on my strut front end as well thats replacing this stuff.
your input was very helpful. thank you so much.

Last edited:
-
Back