Telemarketing rant

-

Demonracer

71 Demon 00 Ram 16 Chrysler 300S 05 Caravan
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Since I retired in January of this year & acquired my personal cell phone instead of a company owned phone, I've blocked over 700 telemarketing numbers. My number is on the National No Call list, but that is useless. I hope the FCC, PUC, or some other governmental agency shuts some of the nuisance, no good fools down. I've worked in the communications arena for over 40 years & have never gotten this many calls. I'm so sicks of the fools that it's not even funny. OK, rant over.

I dont get a call every day, but i get them often. All scammers.

You need to get on that new list:

I think it's called, "If you call me I'll kill you list!!!"

I saw on here someone had similar issues and answers " hello Police Department , how can I help you?" I bet it helps some lol

Usually, if I know it is a telemarketer, I will answer and talk in German, or Vietnamese. Gets em every time......:rofl:

That is one thing the Republicans are not interested in fighting. Come to think of it, neither were the demotards.

Back in the land line days, I really used to screw with these people

Throw the receiver down and grown and make noise like a heart attack

If it's female, ask them for various "acts." YOU know what I mean!!

My unsurpassed was a guy calls, insurance, maybe? I told him, "My wife was just talking about this the other day, she'll be right here can you wait"

"Oh, SURE"

So I pushed that out, 2, 3 minutes..........

"You still with us?"

"Yes."

"Sorry, she's about here just a minute."

"OK"

Push this out another couple............

"Hello"

"Yeeeesssssss, I'm still waiting."

"Well", says I, "I'm very sorry, I don't know what I was thinking, here, I DON'T HAVE A WIFE, I'VE NEVER BEEN MARRIED!!!" and hang up the phone!!!!

I get 2 calls everyday from either student loan or car warranty. I have never been to collage and the 2 cars I own are 51 years and 18 years old. Same recording different numbers every time. Have blocked over 100 numbers but they generate new numbers.

Same crap here too... usually student loans, which i never had or ever will... im gonna mess with them next time...ask them what they're wearing...lol

About a week after I moved into a brand new house that I built, Sears called telling me all about how my house could benefit with new windows and siding.

back when we had a landline, we had moved into new home in a different city
now, they reuse these phone numbers and the one we got must have belonged to someone who didnt like paying his debt
so right from the git-go we were getting phone calls from collectors (this was before number recognition, and auto dialers, these were real people) and the first few times, i was polite, i explained he doesnt live here, i dont know him, and this isnt his number

after a while, my patience ran out and i started formulating a different reply
so now, everytime they called for this guy i would just tell them, "he cant come to the phone right now, hes passed out drunk in the back yard"

this was especially funny at 9 in the morning

well, one day i get a call from some guy looking for Emily, i dont know any Emily and i sure wasnt living with her, so i went into my basic "sure, shes here but she cant come to the phone because she is passed out drunk in the backyard" response and the guy on the other end of the line just went berserk and started yelling at me
YOU LET MY 13 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER GET DRUNK?

i decided to hang up and he never called me back, so i guess he figured out he dialed a wrong number
i got to wonder though...did Emily get in trouble for this?

-
Back